|Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization
Functions of ORIC
Research Operations & Development
The Research Office supports the externally and internally sponsored projects of the institution by providing pre- and post-award support to PIs and ensuring compliance with Temple and sponsor regulations.
Manager Research Operations and Development
The person will work in close liaison with the board of advance studies and research or office of sponsored research.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate pre- and post-award administrative procedures for externally sponsored projects.
- Support faculty with grant proposal submissions in conjunction with Sponsored Projects Administration (budget development; award documentation; administrative portions of proposals; internal approvals; monitor issues around effort, cost share, space needs, and tuition remission)
- Support faculty regarding contracts, progress reports, NCEs, and other sponsor-related grant actions.
- Support faculty regarding post-award grant management, including projections, effort allocations and reporting, human resources, consultants, and close-outs.
- Coordinate internal and external reporting needs, including maintenance of HEI’s database.
- Develop and maintain the award process web pages.
- Work with the Director of Research Strategy to set goals and responsibilities within the research office and to monitor procedural efficiencies.
- The Manager of Research Development provides overall vision to the institute research portfolio. Develop programs and activities that will increase funding for research from all public and private sources, establish and maintain excellent relationships with donors and stakeholders, oversee proposal development and submission
- Develop and maintain research cores and infrastructure within the institute including web pages, internal grant review procedures, and statistical support.
- Oversee all aspects of the operation and development of the ORIC including research administration.
- (Budgeting, auditing and accounting, human resources, management and maintenance of facilities and equipment, implementation of research contracts and human resources).
- Research Priority
- Research Projects
- Funding Sources