Mr Khezar Hayat
Pharm D (GCUF), M.Phil (BZU), R.Ph (Punjab)
Mr. Khezar Hayat is a lecturer at Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (IPS), University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore. He did his graduation (Pharm D) from College of Pharmacy, GC University, Faisalabad and Master in Philosophy (M.Phil) in Pharmaceutics from BZ University, Multan. During his M.Phil research he developed floating drug delivery system for Tizanidine HCl. He holds the honor of academic and professional distinctions including two times merit scholarship from GC University, Faisalabad.
He started his professional carrier as a production officer in Remington Pharmaceuticals, Lahore where his major responsibilities were manufacturing of ophthalmic formulations including eye drops and eye ointments. He was also involved in provision of training to new workers related to the working in sterile area.
Later, he served faculty of Pharmacy Hajvery University, Lahore as lecturer during the period of 16th January 2012 to February 2015. During his stay in Hajvery University he delivered lecturers to graduate and post-graduate students related to Pharmaceutics, Clinical Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Marketing and Management, Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Community Pharmacy. He has also worked as an incharge of different labs of Pharmaceutics and member of research and ethics committee. He has successfully co-supervised one student of M.Phil. He has done numerous
He was appointed in IPS in February 26th 2015. Currently he is engaged in teaching graduate and post-graduate students. He is the member of departmental purchase committee and focal person to upgrade the web page of IPS on UVAS website.
Mr. Khezar Hayat has also developed his own medical site with the name of “MediMoon” (www.medimoon.com) where he shares latest information related to the field of Medical and Pharmaceutical sciences. He entertains different quarries related to drug, diseases and related matters as one page (Drug Information Center) of this site is full dedicated for this purpose.
He is also owner and editor of one of the fast growing page on facebook entitled “Drug Information Center” (https://www.facebook.com/Druginformationcenter) where he response to medical quarries for the benefit of general public. Currently 214,635 people are following this page.
Mr. Khezar Hayat has completed numerous virtual courses including;
- An Update of the Pharmacological Treatments for Hypertension
- Acute Infectious Diarrhea
- Treating Chronic Pain- NSAIDS and Arthritis
- DKA and Insulin
- Diabetes Mellitus
Areas of Interest
- Teaching Clinical Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy and Hospital Pharmacy
- Conducting research related to rational use of drugs, drug Interactions, and pharmacovigilance
- Epidemiological studies
- Development of new dosage forms
- Hayat K, Zaman H, Fang Y, Atif M. Management of Rheumatoid Arthritis and the Pharmacist’s role. Encyclopedia of Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Pharmacy, 2019.Elsevier. UK
- Yang C, Saeed A, Hayat K, Lambojon K-M, Gillani AH, Fang Y Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice Research: A Review of Studies in China. Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore; 2020
First Author or Joint First Author
- Hayat K, Jamshed S, Rosenthal M, Haq NU, Chang J, Rasool MF, Malik UR, Rehman AU, Khan KM, Fang Y: Understanding of Pharmacy Students towards Antibiotic Use, Antibiotic Resistance and Antibiotic Stewardship Programs: A Cross-Sectional Study from Punjab, Pakistan. Antibiotics 2021;10(1):66. (IF 3.893)
- Hayat K, Rosenthal M, Xu S et al. View of Pakistani Residents toward Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) during a Rapid Outbreak: A Rapid Online Survey. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020;17(10): 3347. (IF 2.849)
- Li P, Hayat K, Shi L, Lambojon K, Saeed A, Majid Aziz M, et al. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practices of Antibiotics and Antibiotic Resistance Among Chinese Pharmacy Customers: A Multicenter Survey Study. Antibiotics. 2020;9(4). (IF 3.893)
- Feng Z, Hayat K, Huang Z, Shi L, Li P, Xiang C, et al. Knowledge, attitude, and practices of community pharmacy staff towards antimicrobial stewardship programs: a cross-sectional study from Northeastern China. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2020;18(10):1826307. (IF 3.767)
- Hayat K, Li P, Rosenthal M, Ji S, Fang Y. Community pharmacists' knowledge about antibiotics and their perceptions of and participation in community-based antimicrobial stewardship programmes: a cross-sectional survey from central China. The Lancet. 2019;394S68. (IF 60.392)
- Hayat K, Li P, Rosenthal M et al. Perspective of community pharmacists about community-based antimicrobial stewardship programs. A multicenter cross-sectional study from China. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2019;17(12): 1043-1050. (IF 3.767)
- Hayat K, Rosenthal M, Gillani AH et al. Perspective of key healthcare professionals on antimicrobial resistance and stewardship programs: a multicenter cross-sectional study from Pakistan. Frontiers in pharmacology. 2019;101520. (IF 4.225)
- Hayat K, Rosenthal M, Gillani AH et al. Perspective of Pakistani physicians towards hospital antimicrobial stewardship programs: a multisite exploratory qualitative study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019;16(9): 1565. (IF 2.849)
- Hayat K, Rosenthal M, Gillani AH et al. What Are the Views Among Pakistani Physicians Toward Antimicrobial Resistance and Hospital Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs? A Multi-Site Qualitative Study. In: Open Forum Infectious Diseases. (Ed.^(Eds) (2019) (IF 3.656)
- Hayat K, Rosenthal M, Zhu S et al. Attitude of clinicians towards hospital-based antimicrobial stewardship programs: a multicenter cross-sectional study from Punjab, Pakistan. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2019;17(8): 661-669. (IF 3.767)
- Hayat K, Bukhari N, Hussain T, Saeed H, Murtaza G. Competency Analysis Of Community Pharmacists About Correct Use Of Metered Dose Inhaler. Value in Health. 2017;20(9): A595. (IF 4.748)
- Zhu S, Chang J, Hayat K, Li P, Ji W, Fang Y. Parental preferences for HPV vaccination in junior middle school girls in China: A discrete choice experiment. Vaccine. 2020. (IF 3.143)
- Zhai P, Hayat K, Ji W et al. Efficacy of Text Messaging and Personal Consultation by Pharmacy Students Among Adults With Hypertension: Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2020;22(5): e16019. (IF 5.03)
- Saeed, A.; Saeed, F.; Saeed, H.; Saleem, Z.; Yang, C.; Jiang, M.; Zhao, M.; Saqlan, N.; Ji, W.; Aziz, M. M.; Lambojon, K. ; Gillani, A. H.; Hayat, K.; G, Sabiha.; Fang, Y.; Babar, Z. U. D. Access to Essential Cardiovascular Medicines in Pakistan: A National Survey on the Availability, Price and Affordability, using WHO/HAI Methodology. Frontiers in pharmacology. 2020. (IF 4.225)
- Shi L, Chang J, Liu X… Hayat K et al. Dispensing antibiotics without a prescription for acute cough associated with common cold at community pharmacies in shenyang, northeastern china: A cross-sectional study. Antibiotics. 2020;9(4): 163. (IF 3.893)
- Rasool, M. F.; Rehman, A. u.; Imran, I.; Abbas, S.; Shah, S.; Abbas, G.; Khan, I.; Shakeel, S.; Ahmad Hassali, M. A.; Hayat, K., Risk Factors Associated With Medication Errors Among Patients Suffering From Chronic Disorders. Frontiers in Public Health 2020, 8. (IF 2.483)
- Jiang M, Feng L, Wang W, Gong Y, Ming W-K, Hayat K, et al. Knowledge, attitudes, and practices towards influenza among Chinese adults during the epidemic of COVID-19: a cross-sectional online survey. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics. 2020:1-8. (IF 2.619)
- Khurm M, Wang X, Zhang H, Hussain SN, Qaisar MN, Hayat K, et al. The genus Cassia L.: Ethnopharmacological and phytochemical overview. Phytotherapy Research. 2020. (IF 4.087)
- Asghar S, Atif M, Mushtaq I, Malik I, Hayat K. Factors associated with inappropriate dispensing of antibiotics among non-pharmacist pharmacy workers. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2020;16(6): 805-811. (IF 2.844)
- Gillani AH, Amirul Islam FM, Hayat K et al. Knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding diabetes in the general population: A cross-sectional study from Pakistan. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15(9): 1906. (IF 2.849)
- Hassan-Gillani A, Hayat K, Ahmed AB, Asif M, Azam A. Evaluation of knowledge about hepatitis B, its vaccination and its correlation with the vaccination status of the general population in Bahawalpur, Pakistan. Medicina Universitaria. 2019;21(3): 105-112.
- Kabba JA, Tadesse N, James PB, Hayat K et al. Knowledge, attitude and antibiotic prescribing patterns of medical doctors providing free healthcare in the outpatient departments of public hospitals in Sierra Leone: a national cross-sectional study. Transactions of The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2020;114(6): 448-458. (IF 1.868)
- Khan FU, Khan FU, Hayat K et al. Knowledge, attitude and practices among consumers toward antibiotics use and antibiotic resistance in Swat, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 20201-10. (IF 3.767)
- Lambojon, K.; Chang, J.; Saeed, A.; Hayat, K.; Li, P.; Jiang, M.; Atif, N.; Desalegn, G. K.; Khan, F. U.; Fang, Y., Prices, Availability and Affordability of Medicines with Value-Added Tax Exemption: A Cross-Sectional Survey in the Philippines. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2020, 17, 5242. (IF 2.849)
- Li P, Hayat K, Shi L et al. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practices of Antibiotics and Antibiotic Resistance Among Chinese Pharmacy Customers: A Multicenter Survey Study. Antibiotics. 2020;9(4): 184. (IF 3.893)
- Zhai P, Li Q, Gillani AH, Hayat K et al. The impact of short message services and personal consultation by pharmacy students on medication adherence and blood pressure control: study protocol for a cluster randomized trial. Patient preference and adherence. 2019;13627. (IF 1.946)
- Zhao M, Gillani AH, Amirul Islam FM, Hayat K et al. Factors Associated with Knowledge, Attitude and Practices of Common Eye Diseases in General Population: A Multicenter Cross-Sectional Study from Pakistan. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019;16(9): 1568. (IF 2.849)
- Mir M, Hayat K, Hussain T, Waqas MK, Bukhari NI. Ball mill based co-milling: a promising way to enhance aqueous solubility of poorly soluble drugs employing norfloxacin as model drug. Acta poloniae pharmaceutica. 2018;75(1): 155-168. (IF 0.460)
- Hussain T, Shahzad MK, Hayat K, Hussain K, Bukhari NI. Simple and sensitive colorimetric method for the determination of Milnacipran in bulk and swellable matrix tablets. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal. 2016;50(5): 346-352. (IF 0.538)
- Paracha UZ, Hayat K, Ali M, Qadir MI. New diagnostic and therapeutic avenues for mesothelioma. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015;28(4). (IF 0.596)
- Parcha U, Qadri I, Hayat K, Hussain T. Biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease and potential future directions. Aging Neurodegener. 2013;1125-129.
- Ghaffari M, Bano S, Hayat K. Antimicrobial and phytotoxic effects of the plant Heliotropium dasycarpum L. Int. J. Pharm. Bio. Sci. 2013;4(4): 339-345.
- K. Hayat, N.I. Bukhari, F. Chowdhary and K.M. Khan, Investigation of Anti-asthamtic medication utilization: An observational study. 37th All Pakistan Science Conference (Pakistan Association for the Advancement of Science), 2015, Page No. 03
- K.M. Khan, G.A. Khan, M. Irfan, F. Chowdhary, K, Hayat, and A, Mannan, Fingerprint analysis of ethyl acetate extract of Aperagus Adscendens by high performance liquid chromatography, 37th All Pakistan Science Conference (Pakistan Association for the Advancement of Science), 2015, Page No. 13
- K. Hayat, n. Murtaza, N.I. Bukhari, A.U. Khan, Determination of effects of micronutrients on the prognosis rate of tuberculosis, International Human Nutrition Conference and Expo-15, Abstract code: 2015-INCE-60
M. Phil Students
- Drug Act 2012 and Future Healthcare Challenges, held in faculty of Pharmacy, Hajvery University, Lahore on 21st January 2014.
- International Human Nutrition Conference and Expo-15 held in PC Hotel, Lahore on 3rd and 4th November, 2015.
- 37th All Pakistan Science Conference held in PCSIR, Lahore on 16th and 17th November, 2015.
- Drug Act 2012 and Future Healthcare Challenges, held in faculty of Pharmacy, Hajvery University, Lahore on 21st January 2014. (Certificate of Appreciation)
Evaluation Of Different Antibiotics And Steroidal Residues In Meat Of Chicken And Their Effects On Humans In Punjab, Pakistan as Co. Principle Investigator (Co.PI), AIP-PARB, 4.8 Millions.
- Member of American Society of Microbiology (2019-present)
- Member of Infectious Disease Society of America (2019-present)
- Member of British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (2020-present)
- Member of Pakistan Pharmacist Association (2015-present)
Invited Scientific Reviewer
- Patient Preference and Adherence (Impact factor 1.9)
- Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy (Impact factor 3.319)
- Journal of Family Medicine and Public Health
- Journal of Novel Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
- International Journal of Hypertension (Impact factor 1.13)
- Informatics in Medicine Unlocked (cite score = 3.0)
- BMC Health Services Research (Impact factor 1.98)
- Frontiers in Pharmacology (Impact factor 4.2)
- Infection and Antibiotic Resistance (3.00)
- Pediatric Health, Medicine and Therapeutics (ESCI)
- Saudi Medical Journal (Impact factor 1.54)
- Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis (Impact factor 1.05)
- Integrated Pharmacy Research and Practice (ESCI)
Editorial Board Member/Editor
- Member of editorial board of BMC Public Health (Impact Factor: 2.690)
- Member of editorial board of Exploratory Research in Clinical and Social Pharmacy (ERCSP)
- Associate editor at BMC Public Health (Impact Factor: 2.690)
Awards and Owners
- Winner of “Outstanding International Doctorate Model Student of Xi’an Jiaotong University” in 2020
- Winner of Chinese government scholarship (CSC) for PhD studies
- Winner of travel grant by Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA)
- Position holder in MS with cGPA = 3.97
- Winner of two times merit scholarship during Pharm D (2009)
- Winner of the award of best presenter during Pharm D (2009)
Conferences and Workshops Attended
- Short course on “Advance Statistics held on 14-25th May 2018
- The Lancet-CAMS Health Conference held on 19th to 20th October 2019
- Introduction to Review Articles: Writing Systematic and Narrative Reviews held on 29th July 2020.
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) completed on 21st July 2020.
- Scientific Research and Technological Perspective During COVID-19 Pandemic Situation held on 24th to 26th July 2020.
- How to deal with qualitative data by using NVivo software held on 13th July 2020.
- Writing Proposals for Research Grants held on 20th July 2020.
- Quantitative data analysis for quality control by using SPSS held on 21st to 22nd July 2020.
- Palliative Care in COVID Times held on 27th August 2020.
- Lt Software: A Virtual Lab Concept held on 25th July 2020.
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) held on 15th to 17th September 2020
- National Open Workshop on Getting Aligned to the Publishing Process- Scopus + ScienceDirect held on 28th September 2020.
- World Sepsis Congress spotlight held on 9th September 2020
- Clinical Decision Support with BMJ Best Practice: Dynamic Algorithms that Change as Patients Change held on 15 October 2020
- Strengthening Research Planning using Elsevier Tools-Scopus, ScienceDirect & Mendeley held on 22 October 2020
- Is AMS at Risk in the Face of COVID-19? held on 22 October 2020
- Nitric Oxide: Physiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutic Application held on 18-19 November 2020
- COVID-19 and Antimicrobial Stewardship held on 18 November 2020
- Global AMR Youth Summit held on 20-21 November 2020
- JOPP Virtual Conference on Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice held on 21 November 2020
- EPS World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) Live Webinar held on 24 November
- COVID-19 and AMR: How to contain antimicrobial resistance during a pandemic (in collaboration with EBRD) held on 25 November 2020
- Asian Development Institute Annual Conference: The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic and its Policy Implications held on 3 December 2020
- Hajvery University, Lahore, Pakistan
- Leads College of Pharmacy, Leads University, Lahore, Pakistan
- Lahore College for Women University, Lahore, Pakistan
- Lahore Medical and Dental College, Lahore, Pakistan
- University of Health Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan