|Bioequivalence Study (BeSt) Center
Purpose/Approval of BeSt Centre
- Primarily the Best Center was established with the purpose of performing BE studies for pharmaceutical industries.
- It was also required to meet the following targets –
- Provide training facilities to
- Local Pharma Industry
- Other stake holders
- To evaluate facilities for establishment of a BE Centre a scoping mission of WHO visited UVAS on 5th October, 2007.
- Mission reported that facility for BE testing in UVAS, Lahore “seems to be capable to organize BE studies according to international standards and has a potential to be a training centre for personnel of future of BE facilities”.
- BeSt Centre was visited for evaluation of facilities and expertise by a high profiled delegation of officials from Federal Ministry of Health (MoH) and others comprising –
- DG Health
- Representatives from pharma industry
- Experts on BE studies
- The MOH team examined the documents, SOPs, methods of analysis and instruments.
- BeSt Centre, UVAS was approved as Pakistan’s first BE Centre on 13th, May 2010 due to the relentless efforts of the team and leadership of BeSt Centre.