Applications are invited from the eligible/suitable candidates on plain paper with attested copies of testimonials, experience certificate with specific dates and transcripts for the position of a Consultant on purely contract basis at the negotiable Salary package in the Research Project titled “Assessment of Farmer’s Intentions Towards Avian Influenze Vaccination and Measurement of Economic Impact of Avian Influenze”, in the Department of Microbiology, UVAS, Lahore for the period of six months with the following qualification as well as terms and conditions:
M.Phil degree or equivalent degree awarded after 18 years of education in the field with no 3rddivision in the academic career from an HEC recognized University / Institution. Fulfill the following TORs
- Develop a sectoral model for Pakistan to estiate the aggregate economic impact of low pathogenic avian influenza (LAPAI) on the commercial broiler and layer sectors. The model should conider the following:
- Economic impact of the disease on producers with explicit use of the production models (partial budget models)
- Different types of production systems.
- Prevalence of LAPI in these production systems
- Control mechanisms in place to mitigate LPAI (as part of the overall economic impact)
- Impact on supply for the different chains
- Estimate prices changes by the changes in supply (and its impact on consumer demand) Gather data to parameterize the model, Run the model using different scenarios / assumptions for LPAI prevalence, vaccination uptake and effectiveness.
- Produce a report summarizing the model and its outputs
- Compile datasets and models for use by other people (i.e. with the relevant descriptions, metadata)
- Incomplete applications or those received after due date will not be entertained.
- The candidates are required to mention their telephone numbers/ cell numbers on the applications.
- The University reserves the right not to fill the vacancy without assigning any reason.
- Applications complete in all respects should reach in the office of the Chairman, Department of Microbiology upto 25-08-2019 during office hours.
- The eligible / short listed candidates will be called for interview before the Selection Committee telephonically.
- No TA/DA is admissible.