Dr. Saima Masood
DVM , M.Sc (Hons) , PhD (Beijing,China).
Tel : 92-42-99211449
HEC approved supervisor
Dr. Saima Masood joined the University of Agriculture (UAF), Faisalabad as a lecturer in 1999. She served there for almost five years and later on she joined the Department of Anatomy and Histology in University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS), Lahore in 2004. She was selected as an Assistant Professor in 2010.She is currently an Associate professor in the department of Anatomy and Histology.
She received her DVM and MSc (hons.) degrees from UAF. She earned her doctoral degree from Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (GUCAS), Beijing, China in the discipline of cell biology.
Dr Saima Masood is actively involved in teaching of undergraduate and post graduate courses and research activities of the department. She is serving as secretary of UVAS PAK-China desk, arranging every year Basic Chinese Language course for the university students and she is the secretary of MPhil Research Synopsis Scrutiny Committee (FBS) and member of departmental board of studies. She is HEC approved supervisor. She has shared supervision of both MPhil and PhD students. Dr Saima Masood has successfully attended most of the training courses and she also presented her research work in many National and International conferences. In addition, she is a reviewer of national and international scientific journals.
Area of Interest
Cell Biology, General and systemic Histology.
- Shah M, Zaneb H, Masood S, Khan I, Sikandar A, Ashraf S, Rehman HFU, Usman MM, Khan FA, Amanullah H, Rehman HU. (2018). Effect of zinc and probiotics supplementation on performance and immune organs morphology in heat stressed broilers. South African Journal of Animal Science, 48(6). IF: 0.981URL
- Rehman HF, Zaneb H, Masood S, Yousaf MS, Ashraf S, Khan I, Shah M, Khilji MS, Rehman H. (2018). Effect of Moringa oleifera leaf powder supplementation on meat quality and morphometric characteristics of bone in broilers. Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science. 20(4), 817-824 IF: 0.463 URL
- Shah M, Zaneb H, Masood S, Khan RU, Ashraf S, Sikandar A, Rehman HFU, Rehman HU. (2018). Effect of Dietary Supplementation of Zinc and Multi-Microbe Probiotic on Growth Traits and Alteration of Intestinal Architecture in Broiler. Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12602-018-9424-9. IF: 2.345 URL
- S. Ashraf, H. Zaneb, S. Masood, S. Yousaf, M. M. Usman, H. F. Rehman A. Sikandar, M. Shah and H. Rehman. (2018). Growth performance, hormonal dynamics and intestinal microarchitecture in broilers fed β-galacto-oligosaccharides during cyclic cold stress. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 28(3). IF: 0.407 URL
- MU Saleem, Masood S,Zaneb H,Durrani AZ, Aslam A, Ashraf K, Rehman M, Usman MM and Qaisar S. 2018. Combined supplementation of organic acid blend and mannanoligosaccharide suppresses expression of heat shock protein 70 in broilers. Indian Journal of Animal Research.ISSN:0367-6722. (IF:0.201).
- M U Saleem, Masood S,Zaneb H,Durrani AZ, Aslam A, Ashraf K, Rashid MI, Rehman H, Rehman MU, Ashraf S, Usman MM and Shaheen MS. Combined supplementation of organic acid blend and hydrolyzed yeast mixture increases growth performance and tibia bone strength in broilers. Indian Journal of Animal Research.ISSN:0367. (IF:0.201).
- M U Saleem, S Masood, H Zaneb, A Z Durrani, A Aslam, K Ashraf, H Rehman, M Rehamn and M S Saheen. 2018. Histophysiological changes in broilers fed on diet supplemented with mannanoligosaccharide and organic acid blend. Pakistan Journal of Zoology. 50(2): 473.
- G. Abbas, H. Zaneb, S. Ashraf, S. Masood, I. Ahmed, M. M. Usman, H. F. Rehman, H. Rehman. Histological modulations of broiler gut under chronic heat stress with or without distillery yeast. Proceedings of 2018 Symposium on Gut Health in production of Food Animals. November 5-, 2018. St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. p 19-20.
- M.G. Khan, Masood S, Zaneb H, Yousaf MS, Ashraf S, Usman MM, Rehman, HF Rehman, Rehman H and Khan I. Effect of Moringa oleifera leaf powder (MOLP) supplementation on histomorphometry of intestine, liver and kidney in rats exposed to cyclic heat stress. Proceedings of international conference on recent advances in clinical research. 19-20 December, 2017. UVAS Lahore, Pakistan. p17.
- Zaneb H, I. Ali, M. Aslam, I. Ahmad, MA, Khan, Ashraf S, Masood S, Usman MM, HF Rehman, S. Qaiser, S. Aslam and Rehman H. Comparative hoof volume assessment of Nili-Ravi Buffalo being reared on different flooring systems. Proceedings of international Buffalo symposium. November15-18, 2017. Chitwan Nepal.
- Rehman HF, Zaneb H, Masood S, Yousaf MS, Ashraf S, Khan I, Shah M, Khilji MS, Rehman H. Effect of Moringa oleifera leaf powder supplementation on meat quality and morphometric characteristics of bone in broilers. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Poultry Processing: Farm to Fork Management, November 1-2, 2017, Lahore, Pakistan p02.
- Zaneb H, Ashraf S, Masood S, Rehman HF, Usman MM, Yousaf MS and Rehman H. Comparative effects of different dietary levels of novelly-linkaged β-Galacto-oligosaccharides (β-GOS) supplementation on intestinal morphometry of cold-stressed broilers. Proceedings of 20th Congress of the European Society of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition (ESVCN). September 15-17, 2016. Berlin, Germany.
- Ali S, Masood S, Zaneb H, Zaman MQ , Rehman HF, Tahir SK, M R Khan. Effect of Zinc Oxide nanoparticles supplementation on intestinal Morphology in Broiler. International Poultry Nutrition Conference. November 3-4, 2015, Lahore Pakistan.
- Zaneb H, Khan I, Masood S, Yousaf MS, Rehman HF, Zaman MQ, Rehman H. Effect of Moringa oleifera leaf powder supplementation on growth performance and intestinal morphology in broiler chickens. 2015. Proc of the 19th Congress of the European Society of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition. September 16-18, 2015. Toulouse, France.
Relevant Professional Development Programs Attended (Selected)
- International Conference and Expo 2014: Recent developments in Human Nutrition. March 19-20, 2014 at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore. Organized by University of Veterinary and Animal Science, Lahore and Nutritionists Association of Pakistan
- International Workshop on Biosafety. December 18-20, 2014. Organized by University Diagnostic Lab. UVAS, Lahore, Pakistan Biological Safety Association, ICLS & Fogarty International Centre, NIH, USA.
- Recent Advances in Necropsy Practice in Livestock and Poultry and its Veterolegal Implications, 25-27th Feb 2015