Prof. Dr. Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry
B.Sc. (A.H.) (PU), M.Sc. (Hons.) (UVAF), M.Sc. (Meat Production) (University of Alberta), Ph.D. (PU)
HEC Approved Supervisor
Completed PhD in 1998 (University of Punjab, Pakistan, MSc in 1985 (University of Alberta, Canada). Merit winner throughout academic career. Conferred Best University Teacher Award for the year 2004 by Higher Education Commission on 29th December 2007. Impact factor: >40. Started career as Lecturer in the Pathology department the same university where I am working now in 1971, selected assistant professor in 1986, then associate professor in 1992. After that I was selected as/pathologist/ in charge research and diagnostic laboratories of Government of Abu Dhabi, UAE, where was selected as Director of Animal Wealth Department in 1993. Returned back to my parent university in 2003 and selected as professor of Pathology/Chairman of Pathology section/Dean Faculty of Veterinary Science till 2009. After that I headed Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Bahauddin Zakriya University, Multan, Pakistan till 2012. Worked as professor of Pathology in Ripha College of Veterinary and Sciences, and then Poonch University, Azad Jammu and Kashmir till the end of September, 2013. Now I am working as professor in the Department of Pathology of my parent University. Have won several research grants from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Eighty seven research publications in International journals. Author/Co-author of four reference books. Attended about 50 National and International conferences. Have supervised 21 PhD and sixty five MSc/Mphil students.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., 2000. Reproduction in the dromedary camel. In: Selected Topics on Camelids. Edited by T.K. Ghalot and Jit Singh. The Camelid Publishers, Bikaner, India. Pp. 466-498.
- Chaudhary, Z.I. and S.J. Akbar, 2000. The Camel and Its Diseases. Al-Byan Press, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (239 pages)
- Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry and Sobia Naheed. 2005. A set of booklet authored; published by Community Empowerment through Livestock Development and Credit in collaboration with UNDP, Govt. of Pakistan, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore, and Nestle Pakistan Limited.
- Umer Sidique and Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry. 2012. Characterisation of CCPP in Small Ruminants. Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., and Mian, M.S., 1979. The pathology of Fascioliasis in cows caused by Fasciola gigantica. J. of Anim. Sci. Pak. 1(3-4): 43-44
- Khan, T.M. and Chaudhary, Z.I., 1980. Principles of disease prevention in poultry. Pak. J. Sci. 32(1-2): 135-138.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., Khan, T.M., Shafique, M. and Basra, M.A. 1980. Studies on caprine mastitis. Pak. J. Sci. Res. 32(3-4): 275-278.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., Khan, T.M and Basra, M.A., 1982. Studies on the staphylococcal mastitis in buffaloes. Pak. J. Sci. Res. 34(3-4): 79-84.
- Chaudhary, Z.I. 1983. Transfer of 1-C14 palmitic acid from starving female rats to fetuses in late gestation. Pak. J. Sci. 35 (3-4): 115-118.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., Price, M.A., Butson, S. and Makarechian, M. 1985. Effects of zeranol on skeletal growth in cull cows and heifers. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 65: 511-514.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., Price, M.A. and Makarechian, M. 1985. Effects of zeranol on weight gain, bone growth and other carcass traits in steers and bulls. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 65:835-840.
- Rashid, J., Khan, T.M., Basra, M.A., Mian, M.S. and Chaudhary, Z.I., 1986. Pathology of haemorrhagic syndrome in chickens. Pakistan. Vet. J. 6: 180-182.
- Chaudhary, Z.I. and Price, M.A., 1987. Effects of castration and exogenous estradiol or testosterone on limb bone growth and some performance traits in young male pigs. Can. J. Anim. sci. 67: 681-688.
- Saga, F.H., Z.I. Chaudhary and M. Iqbal., 1988. Identification of ossification centers and epiphyseal plates in neonatal appendicular skeleton of Nili-Ravi Buffalo. Pak. J. Sci. 39-40:161-165.
- Khan, A., Khan, T.M., Basra, M.A., Rabbani, A. and Chaudhary, Z.I., 1989. Effects of natural Fascioliasis on blood serum bilirubin and serum glutamic oxaloacetate transaminase in sheep. Pakistan Vet. J. 9: 17-19.
- Khan, T.M., A. Khan, M.A. Basra, A. Rabbani, and Z.I. Chaudhary. 1989. A study of natural fascioliasis on blood total serum protein in relation to intensity of infection in sheep. Pak. J. Sci., 41: 64-68.
- Muneer, M.A., Ajmal, M., Arshad, M. Admad, M.O., Chaudhary, Z.I., and Khan, T.M., 1989. Preliminary studies on Hydropericardium in broilers in Pakistan. Zootecnica International. May 1989: 46-48.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., Rashid, J. and T.M. Khan, 1989. Intensity and distribution of Hydatidosis in buffaloes and cattle. Buffalo Journal 2: 229-232
- Saga, F.H., Z.I. Chaudhary, C. M. Saleem, and M. Iqbal. 1989. Effects of Aflatoxicosis on epiphysio-diaphysial bone growths in goats. Pak. J. Sci. 41-42: 168-170.
- Khan, T.M., M.K. Khan, M.A. Basra, Z.I. Chaudhary and J. Rashid. 1990. Effects of age and physiological status on serum cholesterol and total serum proteins in buffaloes. Pak. Vet. J. 10: 165-167.
- Saga, F.H., Z.I. Chaudhary and M. Iqbal. 1990. Fusion of epiphysis of the limb bones of teddy goats. Pak. J. Vet. Res. 3: 5-11.
- Chaudhary, Z.I. and F.H. Saga. 1990. Growth of limb bones in Ravi. Nili Buffalo calves. Pakistan J. Zool. 22: 245-248.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., T.M. Khan and F.H. Saga, 1990. Effects of exogenous sex steroids on the rate of longitudinal bone growth in castrated rabbits. Pakistan J. Zool 22: 1-7.
- Iqbal, J., Z. I. Chaudhary, T.M. Khan and M.A. Sheikh, 1990. The pathology of respiratory tract of chickens infected with Haemophilus gallinarum (Infectious coryza). Proc. 3rd. cong. Pak. Vet. Assoc. 261-67.
- Iqbal, J., Z.I. Chaudhary, T.M. Khan and M.A. Sheikh, 1990. Isolation, antibiogram and hematological studies of Haemophilus gallinarum (infectious coryza) in chicken. Proc. of 3 rd Int. cong., Pak. vet. Med. Assoc. 297 - 301.
- Khan, M. K., T.M. Khan, M.A. Basra, Z.I. Chaudhary, M. Afzal and J. Rashid, 1992. Serum cholesterol and total serum protein patterns in different age groups of lactating buffaloes Pakistan J. Agri. Res. 13: 86-88.
- Chaudhry, M.A., Z.I. Chaudhary, T.M. Khan, J. Rashid, and m. Afzal. 1991. Studies on prevalence and pathology of pneumonic lungs in Teddy goats. Pak. J. Livestock Res. 1: 24-28.
- Mahmood, A., T.M. Khan, M.A. Basara, M.A. Muneer, and Z.I. Chaudhary, 1993. Comparative efficacy of Casoni skin test, indirect haemagglutination and double diffusion tests for the detection of Hydatidosis in goats. Pakistan J. Zool. 25 (1): 88-89.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., 1995. Artificial Insemination in Camels: Problems and Prospects: A review. J. Camel Pract. Res. 2(1): 17-25.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., J. Iqbal, M. Raza, and M.I. Kandeel, 1996. Haematological and Biochemical studies on toxoplasmosis in racing camels- a preliminary report. J. Camel Pract. Res. 3 (1): 7-9.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., J. Iqbal, M. Raza, and M.I. Kandeel, 1998. Acute monensin toxicity in dromedary camels. J. Camel Pract. Res. 5(2): 271-273.
- Chaudhary, Z.I. and J. Iqbal, 2000. Incidence, Biochemical, and Haematological alterations induced by natural Trypanosomiasis in racing dromedary camels. Acta Tropica 77: 209-213.
- Chaudhary, Z.I., J. Iqbal, and J. Rashid.2003. Serum protein electrophoretic pattern in young and adult camels. Aust. Vet. J. 81(10):625-626.
- Hussain, M.I., S.A. Khan, Z.I. Chaudhary, A. Aslam, K. Ashraf and M.F. Rai, 2004. Effect of organic and inorganic selenium with and without vitamin E on immune system of broilers. Pakistan Vet. J., 24(1): 1-4.
- Khan, M.S., S.A. Khan, Z.I. Chaudhary, M.N. Khan, A. Aslam, K. Ashraf R.M. Ayub and M.F. Rai, 2004. Mercury intoxication in grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). Pakistan Vet. J., 24(1): 33-38.
- Ansar, M., S.A. Khan, Z.I. Chaudhary, M.N. Mian, M.Y. Tipu and M.F. Rai, 2004. Effect of high dietary calcium and low phosphorus on urinary system of broiler chicks. Pakistan Vet. J., 24(3): 113-16.
- Qureshi, I.A., S.A. Khan, Z.I. Chaudhary, M.N. Mian, M.Y. Tipu and M.F. Rai, 2004. Effect of high dietary fat on serum cholesterol and fatty liver syndrome in broilers. Pakistan Vet. J., 24(3): 153-54.
- Naseem, M.T., S. Naseem, M. Younus, Z.I. Chaudhary, A. Ghafoor, A. Aslam and S. Akhter. 2005. Effect of potassium chloride and sodium bicarbonate supplementation on thermotolerance of broilers exposed to heat stress. Int. J. Poultry Sci. 4 (11): 891-895.
- Younas, M; Z.I. Chaudhary; M. Athar Khan, M. Akram Munir; A.R. Shakoori; N. Mehmood; and M.Y. Tipu. 2006. Prevalence of Salmonella Species in Poultry Eggs in Lahore Through Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). Science International 18:229-233.
- Chaudhary, Z.I.; R.S. Ahmed; S.M.I. Hussain; and A.R. Shakoori. 2006. Detection of Toxoplasma gondii infection in butchers and buffaloes by polymerase chain reaction and latex agglutination test. Pakistan J. Zool. 38: 333- 336.
- Mushtaque, M.H., Z.I. Chaudhary, M.S. Khan, H.A. Hashmi, and F. Mushtaque. 2006. Effect of Type of Initial Feeding on Yolk Sac in Broilers Infected Escherchia coli. Pak. J. Sci. 58: 93-98.
- Younas, M; Z.I. Chaudhary; M. Athar Khan, M. Akram Munir; A.R. Shakoori; N. Mehmood; and M.Y. Tipu. 2006. Prevalence of Salmonella Species in Poultry Meat in Lahore Through Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). Science International 18:309-312.
- Saeed-ur-Rehman, M. Rabbani, Sahidullah, K. Muhammad and Z. Iqbal. 2007. Studies on In Vitro Culture Characteristics of Adherent Baby Hamster Kidney-21 (BHK-21) Cell Line. International Journal of Agriculture & Biology. 6: 821-826.
- Naima Mumtaz, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Nasir Mahmood Chaudhry and A R Shakoori. 2008. Reliability of PCR for Detection of Bovine Tuberculosis in Pakistan J. Zool 40: 347-351.
- Amin, F., M.D. Ahmed, K. Muhammad, and Z. I. Chaudhry. 2008. Standardization of an Indirect Enzyme Linked Immuno Sorbant Assay for Measuring Antibodies of Infectious Bursal Disease Virus. J. Vet. Anim. Sci. 1: 18-23.
- Ashraf, K., S. Rafique, H.A. Hashmi, A. Maqubool, and Z.I. Chaudhry. 2008. Anchylostomosis and its Therapeutic Control in Dogs. J. Vet Anim. Sci. 40-44.
- Chaudhry Z. I., A. Farhan, Badar, S. and Shahid, M. 2009. Detection of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis in domestic Ruminants in Lahore, Pakistan. Pakistan. J. Zoo. 41(2), pp. 160-163.
- Z. I. Chaudhry, Jahanzaib, A. Aslam, I. Ahmed. 2009. Prevalence Of Trypnosoma Evansi in Camels Through Polymerase Chain Reaction and Haematocrit Centrifugation Techique in Punjab (Pakistan). J. Camel Pract. Res. 15(2); 183-185.
- Bashir, I.N., Z.I. Chaudhry, S. Ahmed, and M.A. Saeed. 2009. Epidemioological and vector identification studies on canine babesiosis. Pakistan Vet. J. 29(2):51-54.
- Younus. M., Chuadhry Z.I., Khan, M.A., Muneer, M.A., Shakoori, A.R., and Mehmood. N. 2009. Detection of Salmonella species in poultry feed through PCR in Lahore. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 41(5), pp. 421-424, 2009 .
- Rashid Munir Khawaja, Khushi Muhammad, Waseem Shazad, Irshad Hussain, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Farhat Nazir, Atia Bukhari, Imran Altaf and Atif Hanif. 2009. Isolation Adaptation and Serotyping of Local Strains of Foot and Mouth Disease Virus. Pakistan Journal of Zoology Supp. Ser. (1):173- 177.
- Chaudhry, Z.I., Saiddain, A., Sabir, N., Malik, N.A. and Saji, A. 2009. Economic losses due to high incidence of skin diseases in buffalo in Punjab. Pakistan Journal of Zoology Supp. Ser. 9(1):367-377.
- Azeem, S., Khan, M.A., Hamid, T., Chaudhry, Z.I. and Ahmed, I. 2010. Squamous cell carcinoma of the penis and prepuce with pulmonary metastasis in the horse. Pak. Journal of Zoolology. 42 (1): 97-99.
- Chaudhry, Z.I., M. Suleman, A. Aslam, M. Younus. 2010. Molecular Detection of Babesia bigemina and Babesia bovis in Crossbred Carrier Cattle through PCR. Pakistan Journal of Zool. 42(2), PP.201-204.
- Farhan Anwar Khan; Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry; Muhammad Ijaz Ali; Shahid Khan; Naima Mumtaz; Ijaz Ahmad. 2010. Detection of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosisin tissue samples of cattle and buffaloes. Trop Anim Health Prod 42:633–638
- Asim Aslam, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhary, Habib ur Rehman*, Kamran Ashraf, Nasir Ahmad, Tahir Yaqub, Azhar Maqbool and Abdul Rauf Shakoori. 2010. Comparative Evaluation of Parasitological, Serological and DNA Amplification Methods for Diagnosis of Natural Trypanosomal Infection in Equines. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 42(4), pp. 371-376.
- Muhammed Asif Mueed, Zafar I. Chaudhry, Abdul R. Shakoori. 2010. Comparative Studies of Sensitivity of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Microscopic Examination for the Detection of Trypanosoma evansi in Horses. Turk. J. Vet. Anim. Sci. 34(6): 507-512.
- Raheela Akhtar1, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhary and Yongqun Oliver He . 2010. Modified Method for Isolation of Peripheral Blood Neutrophils from Bovines and Humans. IJAVMS, Vol. 4: 8-14.
- Raheela Akhtar, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry , A. R Shakoori, Mansoor ud Din Ahmad and Asim Aslam. 2010. Comparative efficacy of conventional diagnostic methods and valuation of polymerase chain reaction for the diagnosis of bovine brucellosis. Veterinary World Vol.3 (2): 53-56.
- Akhtar, R, Z.I. Chaudhry, N. Mehmood, G. Mustafa and M.F. Raja. 2010. Modified method for isolation of peripheral blood neutrophils from bovines and humans. World Academy of Science, Engineering, and Technology 69: 1507-1531.
- Raheela Akhtar, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Yongqun Oliver He, Sarwat Naz, and Asim Aslam.2010. A noval method for the isolation of peripheral neutrophils from bovines and humans blood. Indian Journal of Veterinary Animal Health. 1: 60-66.
- Ahsan Nadeem, Asim Aslam, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhary, Kamran Ashraf, Khalid Saeed, Nisar Ahmad, Ishtiaq Ahmedand Habib ur Rehman. 2011. Indirect Fluorescent Antibody Technique based Parevalence of Surra in Equines. Pak Vet J, 31(2): 169-170.
- Khushi Muhammad, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Masood Rabbani, Imran Altaf, Munir Ahmed Tariq, and Muhammad Anees. 2011. In Process Quality Control Factors, Affecting Potency of Foot and Disease Virus Vaccine. Pakistan J. Zool. 43(2): 249-254.
- Zafar I. Chaudhry, Aga Saiddain, Naveed Sabir, Naem A. Malik, Shahan Azeem, Abdul Sajid. 2011. Prevalence of pathological conditions causing skin damage and consequently reducing its market value in domestic ruminants of Punjab, Pakistan. Veterinary Science Development 1(e4): 19-25.
- S. Shahnawaz, M. Ali, M. A. Aslam, R. Fatima, Z. I. Chaudhry, M. U. Hassan, M. Ali, F. Iqbal. 2011. A study on the prevalence of a tick transmitted pathogen, 1 Theileria annulata, and hematological profile in cattle from Southern Punjab (Pakistan). Parasitology Research (Online 2011 Mar 31.).
- Bhatti, S., Rahman, S., Zaman, M.Q., Qureshi, Z.A., Bilal, M., Chaudhry, Z.I. and Ahmed, A. 2011. Toxicological effects of feeding first cut Sorgum vegetation and stalks to rabbits. Pakistan J. Zool. 43:629-635.
- Muhammad Saleem Akhtar, Abdul Asim, M. Mazhar Ayas, M. Maqbool Hussain, Mustaque Hussain Lagari, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry. 2011. Trace mineral status of Nili-Ravi buffaloes in Tehsil Pattoki of District Kasur, Pakistan. International Journal of Engineering, Science and Metallurgy 1: 290-292.
- Islam, A., A. Aslam, Z.I. Chaudhry, M.U.D. Ahmed, H.U. Rehman, K. Saeed and I. Ahmad. 2011. Pathology of Mycoplasma gallisepticum in naturally infected broilers and its diagnosis through PCR. Int. J. Agric. Biol., 13: 835–837.
- Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Muhammad Ali, and Isma Bashir Nazli. 2012. Proceedings of International Congress of Canine Practice on “Modern Concepts in Caine Health and Diseases of Human Concern and IX Annual Convention of Society for Advancement of Canine Practice 9th-11th February, Hotel Lalgarh Palace, Bikaner (lead paper).
- Umer Sadique*, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry1, Muhammad Younus Rana2, Aftab Ahmad Anjum 3, Muhammad Idrees4 Muhammad Subhan Qureshi, Abdul Sajid, Zahoor ul Hassan, Muhammad Mushtaq and Syed Muhammad Subtain5.Clinico-Pathological Study of Contagious Pleuropneumonia (CCPP) in small ruminants. J Anim Plant Sci, 21(Sup 1): 914-919 Proc Int Workshop Dairy Sci Park, Nov 21-23, 2011, Agric Univ Peshawar, Pakistan 908.
- Umer Sadique*, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry1, Muhammad Younas Rana2 , Aftab Ahmed Anjum3, Zahoor ul Hassan, Muhammad Idrees4, Muhammad Mushtaq, Abdul Sajid and Syed Muhammad Sabtain6. 2011. Molecular Characterization of Contagious Caprine Pleuropneumonia (CCPP) in Small Ruminants of Khyber Pakhtunkhawa. J Anim Plant Sci, 21(Sup 1): 902- 907 Proc Int Workshop Dairy Sci Park, Nov 21-23, 2011, Agric Univ Peshawar, Pakistan 902 .
- Umer Sadique, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Muhammad Younus Rana, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Zahoor-Ul-Hassan, AbdulSajid and Muhammad Mushtaq. 2011. Pathogenesis and Immunohistochemical Studies of Caprine Pleuropneumonia in Experimentally Infected Goats. Pakistan Veterinary Journal. ISSN: 0253-8318 (PRINT), 2074-7764 (ONLINE)Accessible at: www.pvj.com.pk
- U. Sidique, Z. I. Chaudhry, M. Younus, A.A. Anjum, Z. U. Hassan, M. Idrees, M. Mushtaque, A. Sajjid, and S.M. Subtain. 2012. Molecular Characterization of Congagious Pleropneumonnia (CCPP) in Small Ruminants of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. J. Animal and Plant Sciences, 22 (Suppl. 2), pp. 33-37.
- A. Sajid, Z. I. Chaudhary, U. Sadique, A. Maqbol, A. A. Anjum, Muhammad Subhan Quresh, Z. U. Hassan,M. Idress and M. Shahid. 2012. Prevalence of Goat pox Disease in Punjab Province of Pakistan. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 22(2 Suppl.): 2012, Page: 28-32.
- U. Sadique, Z. I. Chaudhry, M. Younus, A. A. Anjum, M. Idrees, M. S. Qureshi, A. Sajid, Z. U. Hassan, M. Mushtaq and S. M. Subtain. 2012. Clinico-Pathological Study of Contagious Pleuropneumonia (CCPP) in Small Ruminants. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 22(2 Suppl.), Page: 45-50.
- Muhammad Yasin Tipu,1 Zafar Iqbal Chaudhary, Muhammad Younus and Masood Rabbani. 2012. A Cross Sectional Study of Mycobacterium bovis in Dairy Cattle in and Around Lahore City, Pakistan. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 44(2), pp. 393-398.
- Sayed Muhammad Subtain, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, and Azhar M201aqbool. 2011. Pathogenesis of low pathogenic Avian Influenza H9 in broiler chicks.
Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 43(5), pp. 999-1008.
- Nawaz,A.; Z. I. Chaudhry, M. Shahid, S. Gul, F. A. Khan and M. Hussain. 2012. Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis in sputum and blood samples of humans. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 22(2 Suppl.): 2012, Page: 117-120.
- A. Khan, Z. I. Chaudhry, A. R. Shakoori, N. Mahmood, M. Ijaz, M. Z. U. Khan, Saima, I. Jan, and M. M. Ali. 2012. Detection of Mycobacterium bovis in Buffaloes Blood through Polymerase chain Reaction (PCR) and Tuberculine Test. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 22(3 Suppl.): 237-241.
- Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Beenish Zahid1, Muhammad Ali, Furhan Iqbal.. 2012. Detection of Mycobacterium avium subsp. Paratuberculosis in fecal samples of sheep and goats from Lahore (Pakistan) by acid fast staining, fecal culture and PCR amplification. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine 1:941-944.
- Raheela Akhtar, Yongqun O. He, Charles B. Larson, Zafar I. Chaudhary and Mansur ud-Din Ahmad. 2012. Differential Stimulatory Activities of Smooth and Rough Brucella abortus Lipopolysaccharide in Murine Macrophages. Pak Vet J, 32(3): 339-344.
- Sajid, A, Z. I. Chaudhary, A. Maqbol, A. A. Anjum3, U. Sadique, Z. U. Hassan, Rafiullah and M. Shahid. 2013. Comparative Sensitivity of PCR and Cell Culture Technique for the Identification of Goat Pox Virus. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 23(1 Suppl.): Page: 31-34.
- Sabiqaa Masood, Azhar Maqbool, Umbreen Javed Khan, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry and Aftab Ahmed Anjum. 2013. Anti-Cryptosporidium Activity of Albendazole, metronidazole and Paromomycin in Expetimentally Infected Cattle.Pakistan J. Zool:45(4), pp. 935-940.
- Masood, S.; A. Maqbool; A.A. Anjum and Z.I. Chaudhry. 2013. Prevalence of Cryptosporidium oocysts in bovines at different livestock farms by conventional, microscopic and molecular techniques. J. Animal & plant Sciences, 23(6): 1588-1594.
- Rauf, M.; Z.I. Chaudhry; M. Younus; A.A. Anjum; M.A. Ali; A.N. Ahmed;and M.U.R. Khan. 2013. Identification of Mycoplasma gallisepticum by polymerase chain reaction and conventional diagnostics from the White Leghorn layer flock. J. Animal & plant Sciences, 23(2): 393-397.
- A. Idrees ,Z. I. Chaudhary & M. Younus. 2013. Hematological and Serum Biochemical Alteration in Cattle and Buffaloes Suffering from Natural Infection of Black Quarter. Global Journal of Medical Research 13 (2):1-9.
- M. Rauf; Z.I. Chaudhry; M. Younus; A.A. Anjum; M.A. H.M. Khan and M.A.Ali. 2014. Polypeptide Mapping and Western Blot Analysis of Mycoplasma gallicepticum Field Isolates. Pakistan J. Animal and Plant Sciences 24(1):154-158.
Abstracts in Scientific Journals
- Chaudhary, Z.I., M.A. Price and S. Butson. 1984. The effects of Ralgro on bone growth in cull cows. Canadian J. Anim Sci. 64: 1017 (abstract).
- Iqbal, J., Z.I. Chaudhary, T.M. Khan, S.M. Amin. 1990. The pathology of the respiratory tract of chickens infected with Hemophilus gallinarum. Abstracts of the 3rd Int. Cong. Pak. Vet. Med. Assoc. 1990. 76 (abstract).
- Iqbal, J., Z.I. Chaudhary, T.M. Khan, S.M. Amin. 1990. Isolation, antibiogram and hematological studies of Hemophilus gallinarum in chickens. Abstracts of the 3rd Int. Cong., Pak. Vet. Med. Assoc., 1990: 79 (Abstract).
- Z.I. Chaudhary. 2000. Incidence, biochemical, and hematological alterations induced by natural trypanosomiasis in racing camels. Proc. of 2nd International Camelid Conference, Kazakhastan.
- Mushtaqu, M.H., Z. I. Chaudhary, and Khan, K.A. 2005. Effects of type of initial feeding on yolk sac in broilers infected with Escherichia coli. Abstract No. 0175-378 Proceedings of International Poultry Conference, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Younas, M; Z.I. Chaudhary; M. Athar Khan, M. Akram Munir; A.R. Shakoori; N. Mehmood; and M.Y. Tipu. 2006. Identification of Salmonella enteridis and Salmonells typhimurium from Poultry Feed Prevalent in Lahore Area Through Polymerase Chain Reaction. 3rd National Conference on Agriculture and Animal Science. November 21-23.
- Abdul Waheed, Muhammad Sajad Khan, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Atif Nassar Ahmed, Muhammad Mazhar Ayaz, and Mubasher Rauf. 2010. Relationship among scrotal measurements, body measurements and live weight in male goats in Pakistan. Nation Conference on the strategies to improve red meat production in Pakistan. 13th October, 2010, pp. 121-123.
- Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Aga Saydain, Navid Sabir, Muhammad Sajjad, Muhammad Naeem. 2010. Prevalence of Pathological Conditions causing skin damage and consequently reducing its market value in domestic ruminants of Punjab. Proceedings of XXVl World Buiatrics Congress, held in Santiago, Chile.
- Iqbal. J, N.K. Kamat, Abdul Wahab R. Al Jaboory, Z.I. Chaudhary and M. Iqbal. 2006. Preliminary Studies on Electrophoretic Separation of Alkaline phosphatase and Lactate dehydrogenase Isoenzymes in Dromedary Camels. First Conf. Inter. Soc. of Camelids Res. And Dev. (ISOCAED) April 15-17. Abstract No. 13.
- Naima Mumtaz, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Nasir Mehmood, Aneela Zameer Durrani, and Farhan Anwar. 2008. Comparison of Multiplex PCR and Convenional Methods for Detection of Tuberculosis in Humans and Bovines. 1st International Symposium on Biotechnology; Current Trends (HEC sponsored) held from 2-4 July, 2008:pp;4.
- Rashid Munir Khawaja, Khushi Muhammad, Waseem Shazad, Irshad Hussain, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Farhat Nazir, Atia Bukhari, Imran Altaf and Atif Hanif.2009. Isolation Adaptation and Serotyping of Local Strains of Foot and Mouth Disease Virus. 6th Asian Buffalo Congress Lahore, Pakistan. Abstract No.33.
- Chaudhry, Z.I., Saiddain, A., Sabir, N., Malik, N.A. and Saji, A. 2009. Economic losses due to high incidence of skin diseases in buffalo in Punjab. 6th Asian Buffalo Congress Lahore, Pakistan. Abstract No.72.
- Asadullah Khan, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Abdul Rauf Shakoori, Nasir Mehmood, Muhammad Ijaz, Muhammad Zafarullah Khan, Saima, Ibadullah Jan, and Muhammad Mddasar Ali. 2009. 6th Asian Buffalo Congress Lahore, Pakistan. Abstract No.59.
- Murtza, S., M. M. Ayaz, M.A. Raza, Z. I. Chaudhry, A. Basit, and H.A. Bachaya. 2011. Reproductive Efficiency of Sahiwal and Cholistan Breeds. National Seminar and Workshop on Environmental Toxicology and Health. Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore. Held on8-9th March, 2011.
- Muhammad Ramzan, Muhammad Ashraf, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry. 2011. Eco-damage Caused by veterinary drug Diclofenac sodium. National Seminar and Workshop on Environmental Toxicology and Health. Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore. Held on8-9th March, 2011.
- Muti-Ur-Rehman; Muhammad Younus, Zafar I. Chaudhry; Muhammad A. Khan. Food born disease (Salmonellosis) as a public health problem through consuming the meat and eggs of carrier birds. Second International Congress of Food Hygeine. April 30- May 1st, 2011. In Proceedings of conference page: 41.
- Beenish Zahid, Asim Aslam, Zafar Iqbal Chaudhry, Tahir Yaqoob, Multi-Ur Rehman, Mohammad Younus, Raheela Akhtar, Sohaib Alam, Naveed Sabir, and Nadia Mukhtar. 2013. Detection of Paratuberculosis in Fecal Samples of Cattle and Buffaloes from Lahore, Pakistan; by Acid Fast Staining, fecal culture, and PCR. The 10th World Buffaloe Conference; may 6-8, 2013 Hilton Pluket Resort and Spa, Pulket, Thailand.
Research Projects Completed:
- Principal Investigator of HEC funded project “Prevalence and control of pathological conditions causing skin damage and consequently reducing its market value in domestic ruminants of Punjab”.
- Principal Investigator of HEC funded project “Prevalence of Bovine Tuberculosis in Human, Animal Population, and Animal Food Products”.
- Principal Investigator of HEC funded project “Detection of paratuberculosis (Johne’s Disease) in domestic ruminants and animal products”.
- Studies on the staphylococcal mastitis in buffaloes. M.Sc. thesis, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
- Effects of Anabolic agents on bone growth in cattle and swine. M.Sc. thesis, University of Alberta, Canada.
- Effects of aflatoxicosis on chicken muscle, fat, and bone growth and possible reversal of aflatoxicosis by Nandrolone decanoate. Ph D Thesis, Punjab University, Lahore, Pakistan.
Research Projects in hand:
- Epidemiological survey through real time PCR of Cutanous Leishmaniasis in humans, dogs, rats and flies of Rajan Pur, D.G. Khan, Layyah and Bhakhar Districts of Punjab, Pakistan. (HEC funded).
- Determination of milk contamination by microflora in District Vehari of Punjab.
Research Projects Submitted to Various Donor Agencies:
- Exploration of Beef Breed Production Potential and Breed Improvement of Bhagnari and Dajal cattle (Submitted to GOP).
- Molecular epidemiology of peste des petites ruminitis (PPRV) and genomic characterization of PPRV isolates from different hosts and with difference in pathogensity. (EU)
Research Projects Evaluated for Various funding Agencies
- Many HEC projects.
- Directorate of Advanced Studies and Research, Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam project “ Studies on Lieshmaniasis in Sindh”.
- Directorate of Advanced Studies and Research, Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam project “Studies on epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of subclinical mastitis in buffaloes”.
- Directorate of Advanced Studies and Research, Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam project “A study on the efficacy of various drugs against coccidiosis in buffaloe calves”.
Research Papers Evaluated;
Several research papers evaluated of:
- Pakistan Journal of Scientific Research
- Pakistan Journal of Science
- Pakistan Journal of Zoology
- Pakistan Veterinary Journal