DVM, M.Phil., Ph.D. Scholar, (UVAS)
Dr. Nasir Ali is working as Lecturer in the Department of Livestock Management, Faculty of Animal Production and Technology, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore–Pakistan since January 17, 2022. He completed his DVM in 2018 from College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Jhang, Sub-campus University of Veterinary and Animal Science, Lahore. He joined university as Teaching Assistant in 2018 in department of Livestock Management and has been associated with teaching activities since then. He has also worked as Visiting Lecturer in same department for 6 months.
Dr. Nasir Ali has received his Master degree in 2021 in discipline of Livestock Management and is currently enrolled as PhD scholar in same department. In his M.Phil. research, he worked on Greenhouse Gas Emission from different livestock production systems. The main objective of his research was to investigate enteric methane emission from large ruminants under different production systems in Pakistan.
Area of Interest
- Livestock and Global warming
- Livestock Production systems
- Beef Production in tropics
- Animal Behavior and Welfare
Post Graduate Supervised
|Fundamentals of Livestock Production
|Animal Welfare and Ethics
|Beef and Mutton Production
|Introduction to Lactation Biology
Seminar / Workshop / Conference
- Arranged One-day training seminar on "Application of Advanced Techniques in Farm Management" with the collaboration of KURDSON industrieson 15-03-2022 for DVM (Final Year) students on 15-03-2022.
- Attended 11-Day workshop on Mass Dog Vaccination & Animal Birth Control in Karachi, Pakistan under Rabies Free Karachi Project by Indus Hospital Karachi.
- Facilitated and participated in 3 days “Faculty professional Training Program Workshop” held at College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Jhang Sub-campus University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore.
Professional Honors and awards
|Abstract awarded 3rd position in International Buffalo Congress -2019, February 19-20, Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore. Title of abstract “Estimation of enteric methane emission in lactating buffaloes under different production systems of Pakistan” as poster presenter.
Other formal Education
|Animal Behaviour and Welfare by The University of Edinburgh
|“Rabies Educator Certificate” through Global Alliance for Rabies Control” supervised by Professor Louis H. Nel, Executive Director GARC
|“Animal Handling and Vaccination Certificate” through Global Alliance for Rabies Control supervised by Professor Louis H. Nel, Executive Director GARC.
|“Community Coordinator for Rabies Certificate” through Global Alliance for Rabies Control supervised by Professor Louis H. Nel, Executive Director GARC.
|The Truth About Cats and Dogs by The University of Edinburgh