|Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Drug Information Resources
The DPIC of Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences is equipped with-
- A library containing more than 1500 books/Publications related with all disciplines of medicine, e.g Physicians’ Desk Reference, British National Formulary, USP Drug Information, Drug Interaction Facts, Poisoning and Overdose Management, and a comprehensive collection of official books like USP, BP, USP-NF, etc.
- 24 hour internet facility
- More than 400 e-Software on medicine
- Drug information consultants
General Drug Information
- The Internet Drug Index
Provides monographs and patient information on most common prescription items. There is also a limited tablet identification feature.
Information about clinical research and drugs in development.
- Doctor's Guide to Recently Approved Drugs & Indications
Press releases on recently approved drugs or new indications for medications.
- Facts & Comparisons
News about new drugs and medical research.
- Mayo Clinic
Information about management of common disease/conditions as well as health promoting activities.
Monographs on many prescription agents and dietary supplements. Information is also provided about common diseases and travelers health.
- World Wide Web Virtual Library Pharmacy
Huge site with links to a variety of pharmacy associations, organizations & resources.
- Online Drug Information system
Information about drugs available in Pakistan along with prices.
Government & Organization Web Pages
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality
Contains a number of evidence-based recommendations for managing common medical conditions.
- Center for Disease Control
Provides information about infectious disease, immunizations and other public health conditions.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Information about policy changes and services provided by Medicare or Medicaid Services.
- Food & Drug Administration
This site has information about all products regulated by the FDA, including food, drug, medical devices, and biologicals. Information is also provided about recent approvals and withdrawals.
- National Institute of Health (NIH)
Information about health conditions, recent news, and various organizations that are part of the NIH.
- National Library of Medicine
The world's largest medical library, providing information on all areas of healthcare and medicine. The library also offers Medline access via PubMed.
- Orange Book
Contains information about therapeutic equivalents of various products.
Drug Dosing and Drug-Induced Nephrotoxicity Clinical Practice Guidelines
Websites for Health Professionals
Drug Dosing in Renal Disease
Predicting Creatinine Clearance and GFR
Renal Patient Resources
Renal Demographics and Statistics
Patient Counseling Aids:
Drug Monographs and Drug Information:
Health Information in Multiple Languages:
Patient Decision Aids:
Follow these links to search PubMed for the latest: