DVM (UVAS), M.Phil, (UVAS), PhD (Scholar)
Tel: 92-42-99211449-50 Ext. 5023 Mobile: 0300-4836804
I Mr. Muhammad Junaid am working as Lecturer (permanent Feb 2011 till to date) in the Department of Dairy Technology, Faculty of Animal Production and Technology and holds DVM, M.Phil. degree in Dairy Technology. Currently I have enrolled the Ph.D. in Dairy Technology from the same department of UVAS Ravi Campus Pattoki. The phenomenon of food processing especially the dairy processing is unique and exclusive in my country. I went through a similar phase during my M. Phil in Dairy Technology (Department of Dairy Technology, UVAS, Lahore) when I worked on product development (Development and Sensory Evaluation of Flavoured Probiotic Acidophilus Milk) that focused my attentions to explore more variations in food processing industry. This made me to study various known phenomenon that are in play and the aspects that needed to be explored. I completed my Master degree alongside my lectureship. I have more than 07 years of teaching, research and academic experience in the UVAS. Currently I am also supervising as well as member of supervisory committees of postgraduate students working in the field of dairy processing. Previous to my lectureship I worked as Dairy Trainer (March 2008-January 2011) in the HEC funded project titled “Dairy Training and Development Center” UVAS, Lahore. I was assigned the duties of teaching, conduction and organization of short term trainings and dairy plant operation with research / innovation and product development. I have four months experience of working in Molecular Genomics and Cytogenetics Lab, UVAS, Lahore as research associate. I earned two foreign trainings from PTC+ Netherlands on “International Diploma on Dairy Husbandry and Milk Processing” (March 2012 to June 2010) and “Dairy Farm Management and Milk Processing” (September 2009 to October 2009) and one training on “Dairy Value Chain Management” form University of Queensland Australia. I have presented two research papers as oral presenter in two International conference one in Thailand and the other in Malaysia. I have taken two courses of Professional Competency Enhancement Program for teachers (PCEPT) Part I and II (August and September, 2011) by the Center of Educational Policy and Administration (CEPA) UVAS. Moreover I attended the seven day workshop on Biostatistics and Data Analysis (May 2012). Currently I am also the executive member (2014-16) of Australia Awards Alumni under the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Australia. I am also rendering my services as the focal person for ASRB (Advance studies and research board) and QEC (Quality enhancement cell) as well as Nestle scholarship committee. I remained the member of various management committees of UVA S from time to time like “Spring Festival Committee”, “PM Laptop distribution committee”, “Academic Staff Association (2013-14)”, “Editorial Board from FAPT for UVAS Magazine Vision”, “Prospectus committee 2011 till to date”, “Disciplinary Committee for annual sports” “UVAS Doodh Mela and Dairy Expo March 2012”, etc. Being the best quizzer in student life (from 2004-2008), now I am heading the UVAS Quiz club since 2010. Recently I also became the faculty president for MDS (Music, Drama and Still art society) Ravi campus since 2015. I had served my volunteer amenities in national disasters being the part of national volunteer movement in Earth Quake (2005) and Flood in northern area of Punjab (2010).
M.Phil. Thesis Title
Development and Sensory Evaluation of Flavored Probiotic Acidophilus Milk
Area of Interest
U. Younas, M. Abdullah, J. A. Bhatti, T. N. Pasha, N. Ahmad and M. Junaid Effect of different housing management strategies on production and behavioral response of buffaloes during dry hot summer The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 28(1): 2018, Page: 10-16
Hafiz Shehzad Muzammil, Barbara Rasco, Muhammad Junaid, Viability of Probiotics in Frozen Yogurt Supplemented with Inulin and Glycerol International Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences 2018; 7(4): 116-120
M. Nadeem, M. Imran I. Taj and M. Junaid. Fatty Acid Profile and Storage Stability of Chia Oil Supplemented Trans Free Margarine (Salvia hispanica L.) Oil. Lipids in Health and Disease. ImpactFactor 2.137
Younas U., Abdullah M., Bhatti J. A., Pasha T. N., Khalique A., Shahzad F., Junaid M., Manan A., Iqbal Z. M. and., Ali F. Consequences of Heat Stress during Early Summer on the Production Performance of Nili-Ravi Buffaloes under Subtropical Climatic Conditions. (2016). Transylvanian Review: Vol XXIV, No. 6, 655-662
Physic-Chemical Properties of Yoghurt Prepared from Conventional and Probiotic Culture: Proceeding of International Conference on Beneficial Microbes ICOBM 2014, A-19 Page 81-84 ISBN 978-967-394-186-5 (Conference Proceeding)
Development and Quality Assessment of Flavored Probiotic Acidophilus Milk; The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 23(5): 2013, Page: 1342-1346 ISSN: 1018-7081
Scientific Conferences Attended
- Institutional Capacity Building for Generic Improvement and Fertility Enhancement in Livestock through Clinical Cytogenetic 10- 11th January 2012 UVAS, Ravi Campus Pattoki
- 2nd International Conference and Expo on Hallal Industry 16th to 17th January 2012 at PC Hotel Lahore Pakistan
- International Livestock and Poultry Congress and Expo 13th -14th March 2012 Aiwan-e-Izbal Complex Lahore
- Road Map for Development of Dairy Sector of Pakistan March 19th 2012 UVAS Lahore
- Seminar on World Water Day at Block “A” Ravi Campus, Pattoki on 22nd March, 2012; theme is “Water and Food Security”
- Post project meeting and Report Submission to Assistant Director General for AusAId and Australia Pakistan Agriculture Scholarships (APAS) on Pro-Poor Dairy Market Development in Rural Areas
- 3rd International Halal Conference & Expo 2014 held on 22 – 23 May, 2014 at Expo Center, Lahore
- Launch of Small Grants Scheme for the Australia Awards Alumni in Pakistan held on 10th May 2014, Avari Hotel, Lahore, by Coffey International on behalf of the Australian Government.
- 1st Mycotoxins Management Summit held on 8thMay, Falettis Hotel, Lahore, by Altech Pakistan
- Seminar on ‘Prevailing Food Security Issues in Pakistan’. 22nd March 2014, Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore by Coffey International on behalf of the Australian Government.
- All Pakistan Food Science Conference to be held in PCSIR organized by Pakistan society of food technologist on 16-17 March 2015
- Up gradation of Modules in Molecular Genetics and Genomics, Tuesday March 19, 2015, organized by British Council INSPIRE Transnational Education Partnership Program and Department of Livestock Production UVAS Ravi campus
- Workshop on the “Capacity Building on Young Researchers” 15-18 June 2015 organized by UVAS Ravi Campus
- Establishment of Pakistan Animal Hospital Association – A preliminary Meeting organized by Faculty of Veterinary Science University of Faisalabad
- Australia Day in spring “Promoting Gender Equality and Empowering Women and Girls for the Future” 13 April 2015
Scientific Conferences Presented
- National Food Security Conference by Pakistan Agricultural Scientist’s Forum (July 09-12, 2009) Khanispur Muree Pakistan.
- 06th Asian Buffalo Congress (October 27-30, 2009) Lahore Pakistan.
- Oral Presentation on (Preparation of Functional Low Fat Ice Cream from Buffalo Milk Fat-Super-olein Blends) in 06th Asian Buffalo Congress.
- Oral Presentation / Abstract Published on (Establishing the Modern Value Chain in Pakistan; A Tool for Poverty Alleviation) in DAAD –HEC Summer School Food Security in Times of Climate Change COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad Pakistan. 2nd - 5th November, 2013.
- Oral Presentation / Abstract Published on “Effect of Various Concentrations of Hydrogen Peroxide on Chemical and Microbiological Quality of Raw Buffalo Milk” in 2nd International Workshop on Dairy Science Park (November 18-20, 2013) the University of Agriculture Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Poster Presentation / Abstract Published on “Phyisco-chemical Properties of Yoghurt Prepared from Conventional and Probiotic Cultures” in 2nd International Workshop on Dairy Science Park (November 18-20, 2013) The University of Agriculture Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Poster Presentation / Abstract Published on “Survival of Probiotic Bacteria in Commercial Infant Foods and Their Antimicrobial Activity against Food Borne Pathogens” in 2nd International Workshop on Dairy Science Park (November 18-20, 2013) the University of Agriculture Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Oral Presentation / Abstract Published “Flavored Probiotic (Acidophilus) Buffalo Milk: Development and Quality Assessment” in the 10th World Buffalo Congress and the 7th Asian Buffalo Congress, on May 6-8, 2013 in Hilton Phuket, THAILAND.
- Oral Presentation / Abstract Published “Physic-Chemical Properties of Yoghurt Prepared from Conventional and Probiotic Culture” in International Conference on Beneficial Microbes on 27-29 May 2014 in Penang MALAYSIA.
- Abstract Published “Physicochemical, Microbiological and Sensorial Characteristics of Probiotic Labneh Prepared from Different Milk Blends” in 8th Asian Buffalo Congress Istanbul, Turkey, 21 April 2015 - 25 April 2015.
- Abstract Published “Production Performance of Nili-Ravi Buffaloes under Hot- Humid Conditions during Early-Summer” in 8th Asian Buffalo Congress Istanbul, Turkey, 21 April 2015 - 25 April 2015.
Scientific Conferences (Resource Person)
- Milk Supply Chain Management in National Workshop of Commercial Dairy farm Management to be held on 13-05-2014
- Training of Veterinary officers from KPK ,Manufacturing of ice cream 21-06-2014 and Flavored milk and Lassi and Labban 18-06-2014
- Seminar on “Food Safety - Is Pakistan is eating healthy?” organized by Australia Awards Alumni Network AAAN on 13-June 2015
Research Project won
- Project Coordinator for the project titled “Development of Camel Milk Vale Chain by Adopting Modern Supply Chain Mechanism for Enhancing Farmers Profitability in Punjab” funded by ADP Scheme Punjab (30.290 million Approved) 2016-17
- Co PI in project titled “Capacity Building, Creating Income Generation and Self-Employment Opportunities for Males and Females of Low Income Areas of Punjab by Providing Hands on Training for Small Scale Milk Processing and Value Addition”. Agricultural Linkages Program PARC (Approved; 1.44 Million) with PI Dr. Muhammad Nadeem 2017-18
- Co PI in project titled “Enhancement of Omeg-3 Fatty Acids in Trans Free Margarine through Chia (Salvia hispanica L.) Oil”. Funded by Higher Education Commission (1.14 Million; Ongoing) 2015-16 with PI Dr. Muhammad Nadeem
- Co PI in project titled “Effect of Date Palm Extract for Oxidative Stabilization of Butter Oil at Ambient Temperature”. Funded by PARC (ALP) 0.16 Million, Completed 2015-16 with PI Dr. Muhammad Nadeem
Workshop on Biostatistics and Data Analysis Concepts May 07-11, 2012, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore. Pakistan-US Science and Technology Cooperation Program Bio statistical Consulting Center
- Areas covered; Basic Statistical Concepts; Drawing Conclusions from the Data, Designing Experiment; Writing Manuscripts ,Introduction to SAS; SAS-ANOVA Procedures, Experimental Design and Data Analysis Methodologies, Probability and Hypothesis Testing.
- Training on Scientific Equipment’s from Institute of Continuing Education and Extension UVAS Lahore March 2008
- Professional Competency Enhancement Program for Teachers (PCEPT) - Part I & Part II from Centre for Educational Policy and Administration (CEPA), UVAS Lahore August 2010 and September 2010
- Workshop on “Ensuring Training Effectiveness” from Quality Enhancement Cell, UVAS & Higher Education Commission Pakistan 08 July 2013 to 10 July 2013
- Workshop on the “Use of Endnote”. A tool for thesis writing. From Office of Research Innovation & Commercialization UVAS 02 April 2014
Dairy Farm Management and Milk Processing from Ptc+, Institute, Oensjerck, Leeuwarden, Netherlands Sept 2009 to Oct 2009
- International Diploma on Dairy Husbandry and Milk Processing from Ptc+, Institute, Oensjerck, Leeuwarden, Netherlands Mar 2010 to Jun 2010
- Short Course on Pro-Poor Market Development in Rural Areas; Australia Pakistan Agriculture Scholarships (APAS) Short Course Award 2012. From University of Queensland Brisbane Australia 12-09-2012 to 07-12-2012.
Awards and Esteem
- Nestle Gold Medalist Master of Philosophy, M. Phil
- 4th position out of 120 Nestle Gold Medalist Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, DVM
- 2nd Position in “Ramzan Quiz” Competition 2008 held in PTV (Pakistan Television).
- 2nd position in Living on the Edge Quiz Competition 2008 held in PIAES Islamabad
- 2nd position in Inter Collegiate Quiz Competition 2006 held in Lahore
- 1st position in All Pakistan Quiz Competition 2005 held in Lahore
- 1st position in Quaid Talent Quiz 2005 held in Lahore
- 1st position in University Debate Competition held in Lahore
- Member, Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC)
- Member, Iqbal Academy Pakistan.
- Member Australia Award Alumni Association managed by AusAid