|Department of Animal Nutrition|
The Department of Animal Nutrition started as Animal Nutrition Section which was established at College of Animal Husbandry in 1954 under the inter- college exchange program between the Punjab University (College of Animal Husbandry) and Washington State University U.S.A. Later on the section was transferred to the Directorate of Livestock Farms in 1962. After integration with College of Veterinary Science, Lahore the nomenclature of section was changed to Department of Animal Nutrition. Since its inception, department has significantly contributed in solving field problems. The department constitutes on offices and Nutrition Research Laboratory for undergraduate and post graduate students. One special part of the research lab is equipped with the energy determination of different feed stuff for livestock & poultry. Along with the academic activities of postgraduate classes (M.Phil & Ph.D) and post graduate research activities, the department of Animal Nutrition is also involved in the commercial activities at Ravi campus Pattoki like; TMR, Concentrate Ration and mineral mixture production. The department of Animal Nutrition is equipping the nutritional professionals with thorough understanding of the science of dietary nutrition and enabling them to serve in this very important field in the country. Currently the department is focusing to conduct research at Amino acids levels. The department is now providing facility of amino acid analysis to the farmers and researchers.