- Admissions for Undergraduate Degree Programs usually opened once in a year during Fall Semester i.e August / September.
- Applications for admission to various Undergraduate degree programs are invited through an advertisement in the National Press. Admission is made purely on merit basis from amongst the applicants. The following degree programs are offered by the University
05 YEARS DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M)
Lahore & Ravi Campuses Jointly (Morning/Evening)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) (Morning/Evening)
04 YEARS DEGREE PROGRAMS
- B.S. (Hons.) Nutrition & Dietetics (Morning/Evening)
- B.S. (Hons.) Applied Microbiology (Morning/Evening)
- B.S. (Hons.) Biotechnology (Morning/Evening)
- B.S. (Hons.) Biochemistry (Morning/Evening)
- B.S. (Hons.) Environmental Sciences (Morning/Evening)
- B.S. (Hons) Food Science and Technology (Morning/Evening)
- B.S. (Hons) Medical Laboratory Technology (Morning/Evening)
- B.S. (Hons.) Biological Sciences (Morning)
04 YEARS DEGREE PROGRAMs
- B.S. ( Hons.) Zoology (Morning)
- B.S. ( Hons.) Botany (Morning)
- B.S. ( Hons.) Dairy Technology (Morning)
- B.S. ( Hons.) Poultry Science (Morning)
- B.S. (Hons) Fisheries and Aquaculture (Morning)
- B.S. (Hons.) Biological Sciences (Morning)
05 YEARS DEGREE PROGRAM
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (Morning/Evening)
04 YEARS DEGREE PROGRAM
- B.S. (Hons.) Applied Microbiology (Morning)
05 YEARS DEGREE PROGRAM
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (Morning)
- Candidates securing at least 60% marks(excluding Hafiz-e-Quran) in F.Sc. 1st year (Pre-Medical) or an equivalent examination from recognized institution / Board.
- The final merit will be based on marks obtained in F.Sc. 1st year (70%) and Matric (30%) weightage.
- Candidate with minimum 60% aggregate (Both Matric & F.Sc. 1st year) will be eligible to apply for admission
- Candidates possessing F.Sc (Pre-Eng.) can also apply for BS (Hons.) Environmental Sciences and BS (Hons.) Dairy Technology.
- If an applicant is Hafiz-e-Quran, 20 marks will be added to his total marks obtained in F.Sc. examination to determine his admission merit, however, the counting of 20 marks towards merit will depends upon the test that will be conducted by the University
- Candidate must not be over 23 years of age on the last date of submission of application.
Note: Candidates possessing F.Sc (Pre-Eng.) can also apply for BS (Hons.) Environmental Sciences and BS (Hons.) Dairy Technology.
Other Important Information
- Prospectus can be downloaded from the University Website, www.uvas.edu.pk.
- Application will be filled online at University Website.
- Candidates are advised to use their personal email / mobile numbers. All important updates regarding admission will be sent only on email / mobile numbers.
- Candidate will pay an amount of Rs. 800-/ as Admission Processing Fee (only for one program). The candidates applying in more than one discipline will pay Rs. 300/- for each additional program. If the application is to be submitted against sports quota, then the candidate has to pay additional fee of Rs. 300/-
- Candidates can deposit the application fee through online generated Bank Challan in any branch of Bank Alfalah in Pakistan.
- Candidates are directed to upload CNIC/ B Form, educational documents at specified place in online admission form.
- Only successful candidates are required to submit printed copy / hard copy of the admission from along with original paid bank challan as well as other supporting documents to the Convener Admission Committee, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Out Fall Road, Lahore- 54000 at the of admission / Enrollment.
- Candidates are advised to fill the Application Admission Form carefully after reading the instructions and especially the column for preferences of different disciplines. The selection of the candidates shall be made purely on merit basis.
- A candidate can give choices of all disciplines in the order of priority. However it is advised to avoid giving unnecessary choices of disciplines which may not be acceptable to the student afterwards.
- The order of preferences once given shall be final and cannot be changed subsequently in any case at any stage. Merit will be determined according to the given preference of disciplines and their order of priority.
- Starting with the first preference, applicants will be assessed and ranked according to the merit for each discipline. A computerized matching process will place the applicants (meeting the minimum merit requirements) to the highest listed his / her preference.
- Once offered a place to the highest listed preference, an applicant cannot claim admission to the discipline named lower in his / her preference.
- An applicant, under no circumstances, shall be considered for any discipline, he/she has not named in his/her order of preferences. The Admission Committee shall not assign any discipline by itself if the alternate choices are not indicated.
- List of admitted students will be displayed on the website www.uvas.edu.pk, and on Notice Boards of the office of Convener of the Admission Committee on the date mentioned in the admission advertisement in the National Press.
- Candidates shall not be informed about their selection and they will have to check their status of admission form the lists of selected candidates displayed.
- Students applying for admissions shall give an order of preference for Morning and Evening programs separately offered at each campus. The order of preferences once given by the candidate in the application shall be final and cannot be changed subsequently.
- If a candidate has applied domain of morning and evening programs separately, then he/she will compete separately for these domains.
- In case of occurrence of vacant seat, the candidate will be upgraded automatically in subsequent lists to a degree program listed higher in his/her order of preference.
- The FINAL master list of all applicants along with their marks and preferences will be displayed on UVAS website after the closure of the admission to ensure transparency and for error if any. The applicant may apply within 24 hours by Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if there is a discrepancy in the master list. Afterwards, no claim will be entertained.
- Admissions of those candidates will be stand cancelled who will provide false information related to their academics/personal etc.
- In case of circumstances do not get normal due to COVID-19 for academic activities at Campus; University will start online classes of the students on notified schedule to save the time and future of students.
- If any candidate fails to deposit the University dues within the stipulated period after the display of admission lists, his/her admission shall stand cancelled automatically without any prior notice and the admission on that seat will be offered to next waiting candidate on merit basis. His name will also be displayed on the website and Notice Boards.
Incomplete or late submitted applications will NOT acceptable.
- In case of less than 15 students in any program, admission in that discipline will be suspended and students will be offered admission in other disciplines based on his/her preference without any change in merit.
- Limited Hostel facility is available.
Convener Admission Committee
University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences
Out Fall Road, Lahore -54000
99211374 Ext: 340 Fax: 042-99211461