Dr. Saima Inayat
DVM (SAU), M.Sc. Hons. (SAU), Ph.D (UVAS & UOG, Canada)
Tel: 92-42-99211374, 99211449 Ext 5029
Dr. Saima Inayat is Associate Professor and Chairperson of the Department of Dairy Technology, University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Ravi Campus, Pakistan and holds DVM, M.Sc (Hons.) degree in (Dairy Technology), Ph.D in (Dairy Technology). She conducted her Ph.D research work at the Department of Food Science, Ontario Agricultural College, University of Guelph, Canada on rheological and microstructural study of Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses. Dr. Saima Inayat has basic expertise in the field of Dairy Technology, especially in cheese making with a special emphasis on soft unripened cheese prepared from Camel Milk. She focuses her teaching and research on Buffalo and Camel milk based products development, fermented and concentrated dairy products like yoghurt and cheese, cheese making properties of milk as related to processing treatments, methodology of microbiological and chemical analysis of milk and indigenous milk products, dairy processing, milk sampling and its analysis. Dr. Saima Inayat has more than 18 peer reviewed research publications, in which 9 are impact factor publications, 7 international publications, have 5 conference proceedings, won two times travel grant, and she is an author of 3 books. Presently, she is involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate classes, under her supervision four postgraduate students have been passed their degrees as a supervisor, seven have passed as a member, and others are under process. She worked as a Co-PI in HEC funded project “Development of a process for the production of protein isolate from buffalo milk”. Other projects as a PI and Co-PI are under process. She has more than 12 years of teaching and research experience.
Areas of interest:
- Dairy product development and value addition.
- Analysis of milk and milk products.
- Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese manufacturing technolog
- Yoghurt and fermented food product development
- Dairy rheology and microstructure
- Food safety and food quality
- Buffalo and Camel milk based product development
- Sensory & organoleptic evaluation
- "Manual for testing of Milk and Milk Products" in 2007. Published by Institute of Continuing Education & Extension, University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore.
Author: Dr. Saima Inayat and Dr. Makhdoom Abdul Jabbar
- A Book has been published “Production and Quality Improvement of Camel Milk Soft Unripened Cheese” bearing ISBN 978-3-659-55611-1 in the year 2014.
Author : Dr. Saima Inayat.
- A Book published with the title “Encyclopedia of Dairy Products Analysis” bu ILMI Kitab Khana, Urdu Bazar, Lahore. (2014).
Authors : Dr. Saima Inayat and M. Usman Akram
- Inayat S, Arain MA, Khaskheli M, Farooq AA. 2007. Study on the production and quality improvement of Soft Unripened cheese made from Buffalo milk as compared with Camel milk. Italian Journal of Animal Sciences. 6(suppl. 2):1115-1119. (VIII World Buffalo Congress held at Caserta, Italy).
- Farooq AA, Aziz MM, Hasssan M, Muhammad G, Inayat S. 2007. Antigenic response of a live attenuated Staphylococcus aureus vaccine in rabbits isolated from Buffalo Mastitic milk. Ital. J. Animal Sciences. 6(Suppl. 2):813-816. (VIII World Buffalo Congress held at Caserta, Italy).
- Inayat S, S Chaudhry, Khaskheli M. Physico-chemical and Sensory quality of Soft Unripened Cheese and Yoghurt prepared from Camel milk”. International Camel Conference, 19-21 December 2013, organized by Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan.
- Ilyas M, Inayat S, Ayaz M, Javed I. Effect of various concentrations of Hydrogen peroxide on chemical and microbiological quality of raw buffalo milk. Proceedings in 2nd International Workshop on Dairy Science Park. Organized by University of Agriculture, Peshawar, Pakistan (November 18-20, 2013). pp 168-169.
- Hameed A, Inayat S, Javed I, Nadeem M, Nasir M. 2014. Quality enhancement of Soy Milk and soy Yoghurt blended with Buffalo milk. Poster presentation and published in Proceedings of the International Nutrition Conference titled Recent Developments in Human Nutrition (19-20 March 2014). University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore.
- Usman MA, Shahzad F, Nadeem M, Inayat S, Junaid M. 2014. Froth Stability of Whipped Cream: A Review. Proceeding of the International Nutrition Conference titled Recent Developments in Human Nutrition (19-20 March 2014). University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore.
- Junaid M, Ali M, Ayaz M, Ahmad N, Javed I, Inayat S, Younas U, Arif MA. 2014. Physico-chemical properties of yoghurt prepared from Conventional and Probiotic cultures. Proceedings in International Conference on Beneficial Microbes 2014 at Penang, Malaysia on 27-29 May.
- Nadeem M, Abdullah M, Ahmad S and Inayat S. 2014. Comparison of the Chemical Characteristics of Two Butter Oils with Different Fatty Acid Composition. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change. The University of Poonch, Rawlakot, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan.
- Junaid M, Ali M, Ayaz M, Ahmad N, Javed I, Inayat S, Younas U, Arif MA. Physico-chemical properties of yoghurt prepared from Conventional and Probiotic cultures. Proceedings in International Conference on Beneficial Microbes 2014 at Penang, Malaysia on 27-29 May 2014.
- Abdullah M, Nadeem M, Pasha TN, Hussain I, Inayat S, Ilyas M, Rashid A. 2011. Preparation and evaluation of Yoghurt like fermented dairy product containing transesterified palm olein. Mediterr J Nutr Metab. Vol 5, pp 39-44.
- Akhtar MS, Lodhi LA, Ayaz M M, Lashari MH, Ahmad I, Aziz M, Inayat S, Muhammad SA. 2014. Dose dependent effect of Prostaglandin Analogue in double injection regimen for Estrus Synchronization in goats. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science – ISSN: 2012-578X; P1065-P1069, 2014.
National HEC recognized Journals:
- Inayat S, Arain MA, Khaskheli M, Malik AH. 2003. Study of the Effect of Processing on the Chemical Quality of Soft Unripened Cheese made from Camel milk. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition. 2 (2):102-105.
- Inayat S, Arain MA, Khaskheli M. 2005. The Production and Quality improvement of Soft Unripened Cheese made from Camel milk. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences. 15(1-2): 9-14
- Inayat S, Farooq AA. 2005. Therapeutic Values of Camel Milk. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences. 15(3-4):68-69.
- Hussain I, Hussain S, Inayat S, Shah WH. 2007. Studies on the preparation, evaluation and acceptability of Banana fruit yoghurt. Pakistan Journal of Science. 59 (3-4): 72-76.
- Farooq AA, Inayat S, Akhtar MS, Mushtaq M. 2008. Prevalence of Mastitis and antibiotic sensitivity of Bacterial isolates recovered from Nili-Ravi buffaloes. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences. 18(2-3):76-77.
- Akhtar MS, Farooq AA, Inayat S. 2009. Treatment of first degree Endometritis by Cloprostenol and Estradiol in Cholistani cows. Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences. 19(1): 20-21.
- Farooq AA, Lashari MH, Akhtar MS, Awais MM, Inayat S, Akhtar M. 2015. Prevalance of Bovine Fascioliasis in different Commercial and non-commercial dairy farms of district Rajanpur, Punjab, Pakistan. Pakistan J. Of Life & Social Sci. E‐ISSN: 2221‐7630; P‐ISSN: 1727‐4915.
- Worked as a Co-PI in HEC (Higher Education Commission, Islamabad) funded project “Development of a process for the production of protein isolate from buffalo milk”.
- 2 Labs in Mega Project for Ravi Campus funded by HEC, Islamabad.
- Others under Process.