The Departments and Labs at CVAS have made progress in adopting and developing excellent methods for teaching and training to the students and for providing extension services to the livestock farmers.
A piece of 100- acre land was transferred to CVAS on 13-02-2007 for its permanent campus located at 12 kms on Jhang-Chiniot road close to Chenab College. Prof. Dr. M. Younus Rana has struggled a lot with full dedication and spirit for the release of budget as well as developmental, administrative, Research and academic activities of the institution after taking over the chargeas the Principal. By the grace of Almighty Allah, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Jhang has been provisionally accredited by Pakistan Veterinary & Medical Council (PVMC).
The Following units have been completed.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- College academic complex
- Residences for employees
- Network of Mettle roads throughout the college
- Water tank
- Installation of turbine
- Installation of 03 generators
- Installation of Telephones/Fax/Internet Service
Due to the tremendous struggle and efforts of the Principal, Prof. Dr. Muhammad Younus Rana all the classes including Principal office and administration block have been completely shifted at permanent campus which is actual palace of college and all the rented buildings have been left. Now the college is running in its own building smoothly with full spirit and swing.
- Conversion of developmental phase to Non-developmental phase
- D.V.M. Admission (Morning & Evening Program)
- Schedule of Semesters and Date Sheets for Examinations
- Study Tour Programs
- Enrolment of the Students as One Window Operation
- Teaching and Research
- Computerized data of the students
- Internship of D.V.M. Final Year Classes
- Livestock Assistant Diploma Admission (Evening).
- Initiation of Postgraduate program (M.phil/ Phd)
- Permanent accreditation (DVM, Post Graduation) by Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council.
- R.O water filtration plant
- College mosque
- Bio-Gas Plant
- Poultry Farm, Dairy Farm, 09 Residencies , Postmortem Teaching Block, Clinical Sciences Block, Library, Auditorium, Boys Hostel(Under Construction And Will Be Completed Soon) .
Aims & Objectives
- To deal with the academic affairs of the students of D.V.M. (05 years composite degree program).
- To facilitate the students at the time of enrolment as one window operation.
- To supervise all administrative / academic / developmental affairs of the Departments: Pathobiology, Basic Sciences, Animal Sciences, Clinical Sciences and Social Sciences.
- To coordinate and cooperate with stakeholders, public and private sector organizations.
- To complete all the other tasks assigned by the Vice Chancellor, HEC, Governor Secretariat and other high-ups from time to time.