Applications are invited from the Pakistani Nationals, who are not married to foreign national, on prescribed form (academic & non-academic) for Serial No. 01 to 04 & 08 (downloadable from University website http://uvas.edu.pk/jobs/) and on plain paper for all other posts for making appointments on Tenure Track System (TTS) / Temporary (likely to become permanent) / Contract / Regular Basis.
Name of Posts & Pay Scales
Minimum Qualification / Requirement
THREE (03) ASSOCIATE PROFESSORS BPS-20 (69090-4510-132230) OR TTS (195000-11375-365625)
Main Campus, Lahore
Ravi Campus, Pattoki:
- One (01) – Animal Nutrition
- One (01) – Meat Technology
Qualification / Requirement:As per HEC Criteria available on HEC website.
Ph.D. in the relevant field from HEC recognized University / Institution.
Experience: 10 years teaching / research experience in an HEC recognized University or a postgraduate institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization. OR
5 years post-Ph.D. teaching / research experience in an HEC recognized University or a postgraduate institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization.
Publications: 10 publications (with at least 4 publications in last 5 years) in the HEC recognized journals.
Qualification (TTS): Ph.D. from a recognized and reputable institution in the relevant field.
Experience: 6 years post Ph.D. or minimum of 4 years of post Ph.D. experience with at least 6 years of experience prior to the Ph.D. of teaching / research in a recognized University or postgraduate institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a national or international organization.
Publications: 10 research publications (with at least 4 publications in the last 5 years) in internationally abstracted journals recognized by the Higher Education Commission
TWO (02) LECTURERS BPS-18 (38350-2870-95750) on purely contract basis in the discipline of Pharmaceutics / Clinical or Hospital Pharmacy at Main Campus, Lahore.
Qualification / Requirement:As per HEC Criteria available on HEC website.
M.Phil. / M.S. or equivalent degree awarded after 18 years of education or master degree from a foreign university in the relevant field with no 3rd Division in the academic career from an HEC recognized University/ Institution.
One (01) Medical Officer in BPS-17 (30370-2300-76370) on temporary (likely to become permanent) basis at Ravi Campus, Pattoki:
MBBS degree (2nd Div.) from a recognized college/university with valid registration of PM&DC.
Note: Duty hours and Salary package is negotiable.
THREE (03) TEACHING ASSISTANTS on purely contract basis at consolidated salary package of Rs. 30,000/= pm:
- Two (02) – Biochemistry at Main Campus, Lahore
- One (01) – Theriogenology at Ravi Campus, Pattoki
Qualification: DVM or 16 years of Education in the relevant field having minimum 3.50 CGPA with no 3rd division in the academic career from an HEC recognized University / Institute.
One (01) Chief Trainer (BPS-16) (18910-1520-64510) at Ravi Campus, Pattoki.
A retired Remount Veterinary Farms Corps Junior Commissioned Officer not more than forty eight years of age having served in Army Dog Units and qualified in Guard Dogs, Sniffer Dogs and Tracking Dogs Courses.
One (01) Poultry Supervisor (BPS-11) (12570-880-38970) at Ravi Campus, Pattoki.
- Secondary School Certificate (second division) with Science from a recognized Board.
- Two years’ diploma of Poultry Assistant from a recognized institute.
- Three years’ relevant experience in Government, Semi-Government Organization or in a Public Sector Organization.
One (01) Trainer (Dog Handler) (BPS-08) (11380-670-31480) at Ravi Campus, Pattoki.
- An ex-military man from Remount Veterinary Farms Corps having serviced in Army Dog Units and qualified in Guard Dogs, Sniffer Dogs and Tracker Dogs Courses.
- The period after retirement shall not be more than seven years; and
- Below forty five years of age.
Project titled “IN-SERVICE TRAINING FACILITY OF ADVANCE VETERINARY EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR VETERINARY PROFESSIONALS” AT UVAS, LAHORE
(on purely contract basis initially for a period of one year extendable to another year)
One (01) Director Training / Project Director (BPS-20) (consolidated salary package of Rs. 150,000/- per month)
Ph.D. in Veterinary Sciences with 05 years’ relevant experience. OR M.Phil. in Veterinary Sciences with 08 years’ relevant Experience.
One (01) Assistant (BPS-16) (consolidated salary package of Rs. 35,000/- pm.)
- Master degree (2nd Div.) from a recognized University or Board or equivalent qualification with two years relevant Office experience in Govt. / Semi Govt. or in a public sector University. OR Graduate (2nd Div.) from a recognized University or Board or equivalent qualification with four years relevant Office experience in Govt. / Semi Govt. or in a public sector University.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Office) or any other compatible application and shall demonstrate such proficiency.
- Applications are required with attested copies of testimonials, certificates along with one recent attested passport size Photograph:
- Quadruplicate for the posts of Associate Professor.
- Triplicate for the posts of Lecturer.
- Duplicate for the posts mentioned at Sr. No. 03 & 08.
- Single set for the posts mentioned at Sr. No. 04 to 07 & 09.
- Applicants can generate and deposit the fee through online generated Bank Challan in any branch of Habib Bank Ltd. in Pakistan.
- Applicants are directed to attach the Original Paid Bank Challan with application for the above mentioned posts as under:
- Rs. 8,000/- for the posts of Associate Professor (TTS)
- Rs. 3,000/- for the posts of Associate Professor and Lecturer on BPS/contract
- Rs. 2,000/- for the post mentioned at Sr. No. 03
- Rs. 1,000/- for the post mentioned at Sr. No. 08
- Rs. 500/- for the post mentioned at Sr. No. 05 to 07 & 09.
- Persons already employed in Government or other organizations should submit their applications through proper channel within due date. The requisite “No Objection Certificate” from present employer must reach in the Office of the Registrar before or on the last date for the receipt of applications; failing which, such applications will be treated as rejected and no call for interview will be issued.
- All Government employees who intend to apply for the posts through proper channel shall clarify through the Heads of the attached departments that there is no pending inquiry / outstanding dues against them. Moreover, there are no adverse remarks in any of their annual confidential reports. These conditions are necessary for the grant of departmental permission certificate / No Objection Certificate (NOC).
- The applicant is required to specifically express in the application, if s/he was awarded any penalty during his/her studentship in the University/Institution. If s/he is found guilty of concealment of any of the relevant facts at any stage, his/her application will be liable to be rejected and in case of his/her appointment, s/he will be removed from University service without any notice.
- The candidates holding professional degrees must be recognized / registered by the relevant council.
- All Rules of TTS Version 2.0 will apply in letter and spirit.
- The University reserves the right:
- not to fill any or all the advertised posts without assigning any reason.
- to adjust / transfer / post the selected candidate at any Campus / Centre of the University.
- to short list the applications/candidates in accordance with the criteria to be determined by the Vice Chancellor.
- to increase or decrease the number of posts.
- Quota: 15% Female, 03% Disable and 05% Minorities for each post will be as per rules.
- Interview call letters will be issued only to the eligible candidates and ineligible candidates for the posts of BPS-17 and above will be informed separately.
- Age should not be less than 18 years and more than 30 years for the posts of BPS-16 and below. However, the age relaxation will be according to Govt. policy.
- Age should not be more than 60 years for other remaining posts.
- Incomplete applications or those received after the due date will not be entertained.
- Applications complete in all respects should reach in the Office of the Registrar, University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore upto 09-11-2018 during office hours.
University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore