BS (Hons.) Applied Microbiology (UVAS)
M.Phil. Microbiology (UVAS), Ph.D Microbiology (UVAS)
Saba Sana has been working as Lecturer in Department of Microbiology, University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences Lahore, Pakistan since November 2017.She holds BS (Hons.) Applied Microbiology and M.Phil Microbiology degrees. She is Gold medalist in BS (Hons.) session (2008-2012) and Silver medalist in M.Phil session (2012-2014).She completed her Ph.D in 2019 and her work was on “Purification and Characterization of Aflatoxins Produced by Indigenous Aspergilli under Optimized Conditions”.
- Bacteriology and Mycology
- Antimicrobial resistance and alternative therapeutics
- In-Vitro activity of Nigella sativa against antibiotic resistant Salmonella enterica. Ashraf, Sadia, Anjum, Aftab Ahmad, Ahmad, Ali, Firyal, Sehrish, Sana, Saba, Latif, Asma Abdul. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.etap.201 7.12.017.2017. Impact factor; 2.313.
- Diversity of soil borne starch hydrolyzing fungi of livestock farms. S.Sana, A.A.Anjum,M.Nawaz, Mansur-ud-Din Ahmad and M. Rabbani. The Journal of Animal and Plant Science. 27(2) pp. 407-414.2017. Impact factor; 0.422
- Prevalence and Antibiogram of Staphylococcus aureus, a camel Mastitogen. Amjad Islam Aqib, Muhammad Ijaz, Aneela Zameer Durrani, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Riaz Hussain, Saba Sana, Shahid Hussain Farooqi, Kashif Hussain and Syed Saleem Ahmad. Pakistan Journal of Zoology. 49(3) pp.861-867.2017. Impact factor 0.491
- Identification of coagulase gene in Staphylococcus aureus isolates recovered from subclinical mastitis in camels. Aqib AI, Ijaz M, Hussain R, Durrani AZ, Anjum AA, Rizwan A, Sana S, Farooqi SH and Hussain K.Pakistan Veterinary Journal. 37(2): pp 160-164. 2017. Impact factor; 0.813.
- Effect of fermented rice bran on growth performance and bioavailability of phosphorous in broiler chickens. Ali Ahmad, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Masood Rabbani, Kamran Ashraf, Mian Muhammad Awais. Muhammad Nawaz, Nisar Ahmad, Ali Asif and Saba Sana. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 10.18805/ijar.v0iOF.8002. 2017. Impact factor; 0.147.
- Diversity of bacterial contamination on in-animate surfaces of a tertiary care hospital and their sensitivity to disinfectants. H.M.Khan, S.Rehman, S.Sana, M.A.Ali and A.A.Anjum.68(4) pp. 372-376. 2016.Impact factor; 00.
- Studies on the antibiotic sensitivity pattern of isolates of P.multocida from buffaloes. M. Kamran, M. U. D. Ahmad, A. A. Anjum, A.Maqbool, K.Muhammad, M. Nawaz, N.U. Hudda, S. Sana and M. A. Ali. 24(5): 2014, pp. 1565-1568. 2014. Impact factor; 0.48.
- Ahmad A., A. A. Anjum, M. Rabbani, K. Ashraf, M. Nawaz, S. Sana and A. Asif, 2018. Diversity of phytase producing non-Toxigenic fungi isolated from soil. The J. Anim. Plant Sci. 28(2): 467-473
- Nazar M., M. S. Khan, M. Ijaz, A. A. Anjum, S. Sana, E. M. N. Setyawan, M. I. Saleem and I. Ahmad, 2018. Prevalence of Degnala Disease in bovine along with screening of toxigenic fungi isolated from contaminated rice straw. J Biolog Reg Homeo Agents 32(2): 269-274
- Anjum A. A., N. Tariq, M. Nawaz, M. Nasir, A. Hameed, S. Sana, M. A. Sajid, S. Ahmad, F. Towakal and M. A. Ali, 2018. Occurrence Of Bacterial Contaminants in Poultry Meals And Their Antibiotic Resistance Pattern. Pak J Science 70(2):
- Sana S., A. A. Anjum, A. Ahmad, M. I. Najeeb, H. F. Majeed, A. Razzaq, S. Ahmad, M. Ahmad, A. I. Aqib and M. A. Ali, 2018. Optimization Of Culture Conditions For Penecillium Isolated From Soil To Enhance Amylase Production Potential. Pak J Science 70(2):
- Nazar, M., M. S. Khan, M. Ijaz, A. A. Anjum, S. Sana. E. M. N. Setyawan and I. Ahmad, 2018. Comparative cytotoxic analysis through MTT assay of various Fungi isolated from rice straw feedings of Degnala disease affected animals. The J. Anim. Plant Sci. 28(4):1034-1042.
- Shagufta Irshad, Amna Salamat, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Saba Sana, Rehman Shahzaib Saleem, Azra Naheed and Asia Iqbal. 2018. Green tea leaves mediated ZnO nanoparticles and its antimicrobial activity. Congent chemistry, 4:1469207
- Amjad Islam Aqib, Shagufta Nighat, Rais Ahmed, Saba Sana, Muhammad Ameen Jamal, Muhammad Fakhar-e-Alam Kulyar, Naimat Ullah Khan, Mian Saeed Sarwar, Muhammad Asif Hussain, Asadullah , Attaur Rahman and Sadeeq ur Rahman. Drug susceptibility profile of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from mastitic milk of Goats and Risk Factors Associated with Goat Mastitis in Pakistan. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 51(1), pp 307-315, 2019.
- Nimra Azeem , Muhammad Nawaz , Aftab Ahmad Anjum , Shagufta Saeed, Saba Sana, Amina Mustafa and Muhammad Rizwan Yousuf. Activity and Anti-Aflatoxigenic E_ect of Indigenously Characterized Probiotic Lactobacilli against Aspergillus flavus—A Common Poultry Feed Contaminant. Animals, 9, 166. 2019.IF. 1.832.2019
- Saba Sana, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Tahir Yaqub, Muhammad Nasir and Ali Ahmad. Enzymatic and aflatoxin production potential of Aspergillus flavus: Pak. J. Agri. Sci., Vol. 56(3), 747-752. IF. 0.618. 2019.
- Saba Sana, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Tahir Yaqub, Muhammad Nasir, Muhammad Asad Ali and Mateen Abbas.Molecular Approaches for Characterization of Aflatoxin Producing Aspergillus flavus Isolates from Poultry Feed: Pak Vet J, 39(2): 169-174. 2019. IF. 1.36. 2019.
- S. Irshad , M. Riaz , A. A. Anjum, S. Sana, R. S. Z. Saleem and A. Shaukat. Biosynthesis Of Zno nanoparticles using ocimum basilicum and determination of its antimicrobial activity. The J. Anim. Plant Sci. 30(2):2020.
- Saba Sana. Evaluation of antifungal potential of plant essential oils against aflatoxins producing Aspergillus flavus. Poultry Science Conference, Pakistan.PP. 54. 2019
- A.Ghafoor, A. A. Anjum, T. Yaqub, M-U-D. Ahmad, M. A. Ali, I. Najeeb and S. Sana. Evaluation of Antifungal Activity of Essential Oils Against Toxigenic Isolates of Aspergillus flavus. 38th All Pakistan Science Conference Energy Crisis and Their Solutions in Pakistan. December 10th and 11th, 2018
- Z. Mughis, M. A. Ali, A. A. Anjum, T. Yaqub, M. O. Omer, M. Nawaz and S. Sana. In-Vitro Evaluation of Disinfectants Against Indigenous Aspergillus Parasiticus. 38th All Pakistan Science Conference Energy Crisis and Their Solutions in Pakistan. December 10th and 11th, 2018
- S. Hameed, A.A. Anjum, K. Muhammad, S.Sana and M. R. Yousuf. Bacteriological and Mycological Analysis of Mixed Vegetable Salads for Toxic Potential. 15th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST) Islamabad, Pakistan. January, 09th–13th, 2018
- H. R. Farooq, A. A. Anjum, K. Muhammad, M-U-D. Ahmed and S.Sana. Microbiological Quality Assessment and Antibiotic Resistance Pattern of Bacteria Isolated from Fresh Indigenous Juices. 15th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST) Islamabad, Pakistan. January, 09th–13th, 2018
- S. Sana, A. A. Anjum, T. Yaqub, M. Nasir, A. Ahmad and M. A. Ali. Incidence of Mycoflora in Animal Feed and Feed Ingredients. 15th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST) Islamabad, Pakistan. January, 09th–13th, 2018
- N. Sardar, M. A. Ali, A. A. Anjum, M-U-D. Ahmad, W. Shehzad, A. Kousar, S. Sana, M. Khan and M. Nawaz. Fancy Birds: Carriers of Antibiotic Resistant Salmonellae and Escherichia coli. 15th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST) Islamabad, Pakistan. January, 09th–13th, 2018
- S. Sana, A. A. Anjum, T. Yaqub, M. Nasir, M. I. Najeeb, M. Nawaz and M. A. Ali. Dynamics of Aflatoxin Producing Fungi in Home Mixed and Commercial Poultry Feed. 15th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST) Islamabad, Pakistan. January, 09th–13th, 2018
- Madiha tariq, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Jawad Nazir, Saba Sana, Muhammad Eizwan Yousaf, Hamid Akbar and Muhammad Asad Ali. Themostability of phytases produced by indigenous thermolabile aspergillus niger isolates One health International Conference , CVAS Jhang, November 13-15 , 2017.pp 212
- Alishba Naeem, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Ali Ahmad Sheikh, Muhammad Yasir Zahoor and Saba Sana Antifungal activity of plants essential oils against resistant Aspergillus fumigatus isolates. One health International Conference , CVAS Jhang, November 13-15 , 2017.pp 213
- Sana S., A. A. Anjum, M. Nawaz, M. D. Ahmad and K. Khan. 3-4, April, 2015. Amylase production potential of indigenous Aspergillus niger isolates from soil of livestock farms. Pp.: 44. International Livestock, Dairy and Poultry Congress, Lahore, Pakistan
- Sana S., A. A. Anjum, M. Nawaz, M. D. Ahmad, M. I. Najeeb, S. Masood and A. Ahmad. 16-17, November, 2015. Amylases production potential of indigenous non-toxigenic Aspergillus flavus from soil of livestock farms. 37th All Pakistan Science Conference , PAAS and PCSIR, Pakistan
- Sana S., A. A. Anjum, M. Nawaz, M. D. Ahmad and M. Khan. 16-17, November, 2015. Starch hydrolyzing potential of non-toxigenic Aspergillus terrus isolates from soil of livestock farms in Lahore, Pakistan.37th All Pakistan Science Conference , PAAS and PCSIR, Pakistan
- Tariq N., A. A. Anjum, M. Nawaz, M. Nasir, A. Hameed, S. Sana and M. A. Ali. 3-4, November, 2015. Occurrence of bacterial contaminants in poultry meals and their antibiotic resistance pattern. Pp.: 42 Int. Poultry Nutrition Conference and Expo-15, UVAS, Lahore, Pakistan
- Ahmad A., A. A. Anjum, M. Rabbani, K. Ashraf, M. A. Ali and S. Sana. 3-4, November, 2015. Diversity of phytases producing non-toxigenic fungi isolated from soil. Pp.: 56 .Int. Human Nutrition Conference and Expo-15. UVAS, Lahore, Pakistan
- Aqib A. I., M. Ijaz, A. Z. Durrani, A. A. Anjum, S. Sana and S. H. Farooqi 16-17, November, 2015. Prevalence and antibogram of Staphylococcus aureus, a camel mastititogen from Pakistan. 37th All Pakistan Science Conference , PAAS and PCSIR, Pakistan
- Nawaz S., M. A. Rasheed, A. Javeed, A. A. Anjum, M. Ashraf and S. Sana. 16-17, November, 2015. In vitro antibacterial and cytotoxic evaluation of Calotropis procera leaves sequential extracts against common poultry pathogens. 37th All Pakistan Science Conference , PAAS and PCSIR, Pakistan
- Khan M., A. A. Anjum, M. Ashraf, M. Nawaz, M. D. Ahmad and S. Sana. 16-17, November, 2015. Efficacy of Eucalyptus globulus and Calotropis procera extracts against Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella enterica.37th All Pakistan Science Conference , PAAS and PCSIR, Pakistan
- Livestock farm’s soil evaluated for presence of starch hydrolyzing fungi. Saba Sana and Aftab Ahmad Anjum. The Nation. 12 June 2017
- Beating and infectious super bug when antibiotics fail. Sana Saif, Humaira Majeed Khan, Aftab Ahmad Anjum, Malik Allah Baksh and Saba Sana.
- Aflatoxins: A Contamination Issue in Livestock. Saba Sana and Aftab Ahmad Anjum. Pakistan Today on 24th December 2018.
Local Trainings and Workshops
- National Workshops on Chromatographic Techniques Quality Operation Laboratory, UVAS Lahore
- Immunological Techniques: Theoretical and Practical Aspects Advance Life College of Medical sciences, Lahore
- Bioinformatics Tools And Resources Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology. All Pakistan Science Conference Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- Workshop on Riboprinter at NIBGE
- Application Of PAGE For Molecular Characterization Of Pasteurella multocida UVAS Lahore
- Isolation, screening and preliminary characterization of antimicrobial metabolites from food microbes.
- Isolation and molecular characterization of shiga toxin producing E. coli (O157)
- Evaluation of Antiviral and cytotoxic activity of different herbal extracts and commercial pharmaceutics in vitro cell culture
- Participant of “Talented Research Exchange Programme-INSPIRE PAKISTAN”(BRITISH COUNCIL)
- Successfully completed a short training on “Environmental Sampling”(BRITISH COUNCIL)
- Participant of two days seminar and workshop on “Environmental Toxicology and Health”.
- Workshop on “Production and Evaluation of Oil Based HS+ Trivalent FMD Virus Vaccine”.
- Application of ELISA for Monitoring Antibody Response of Birds To IBD Virus Vaccine
- Successfully completed two days’ workshop on “Controlling Laboratory Biorisk”.
- Attended two days” International Conference on Toxicology”.
M. Phil Students
- First position in BS(Hons.) session (2008-2012)
- First position in M.Phil (Microbiology) session (2012-2014)
- Won HEC Indigenous 5000 PhD Fellowship Program
- Won HEC International Research Support Initiative Program Scholarship (IRSIP) at Cornell University, Ithaca New York USA