|Fisheries & Aquaculture
- Growth and breeding potential of genetically male tilapia (GMT) through artificial feed and molecular approach in Pakistan. Dr. Noor Khan PI: Dr. Fayyaz Rasool Co-PI: (Funded by USPCAS-AFS Rs. 3.328 Million).
- To Strengthen Public/Private Partnership among Fisheries & Aquaculture Communities Through Education & Training in Punjab Pakistan under HEC-BC Knowledge Economy Partnership. £58223 (Rs. 6.227 Million). Dr. Noor Khan PI; Prof. Dr. Muhammad Sharif Mughal Co-PI. Funded by HEC-BC KEP.
- Prospects of culturing and breeding of Catfish (Pangasius pangasius) in Pakistan. PI: Dr. Noor Khan, Co-PI: Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ashraf, HEC Rs. 3.954 Million.
- Development of Standard aqua feeds for culturable major carps of Pakistan. PI: Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ashraf, Co-PI: Dr. Noor Khan. (HEC Funded Rs.6.157million).
- Development of cost effective feeds for Labeo rohita to enhance productivity. P.I. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ashraf (PARB Rs. 7.0 million).
- Development Project “Establishment of Research and Training Facilities for the Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture at new campus Bhunaikey, Pattoki
- HEC-BC Joint Higher Education British Council Link Program, Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture, UVAS, Lahore and University of Wales, Swansea, UK
- Research Project “Effect of water quality on the body size, growth and availability of Labeo rohita in selected natural waters for its sustainability fishery in Punjab-Pakistan” PI: Dr. Fayyaz Rasool, Funded by WWF-Pakistan” From October, 2009 to September, 2010.
- Nitrogen and Phosphorus dynamics in fish ponds fed with various fertilizers. PI: Dr. Hamda Azmat. Co PI: Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ashraf. Amount: 0.5 million. Funding Agency: HEC
- Educating fish farming community with the deleterious effects of environmental pollutants. November 2011-14 SPEKE grants. British Council, Pakistan. Link Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Muhammad Sharif Mughal, Assistant Link Coordinator: Dr. Noor Khan. BC SPEKE. Total cost: UK £10133.0. Project Time: 2012-2014 (RS.1.4 Million).
- HEC-BC INSPIRE project, “Effect of environmental pollutants on the fish and fisheries of Punjab, Pakistan. Link Coordinator: Prof. Dr. Muhammad Sharif Mughal, Assistant Link Coordinator: Dr. Noor Khan. Total cost: UK £23176.0 (Rs. 2.97 Million). Project Time: 2011-2014
- Joint Research Trials with Fish Industry:
- Oryza Organics at Fish Pond Complex, Block C, UVAS, Ravi Campus.
- Supreme Aqua Feed at Fish Pond Complex, Block C, UVAS, Ravi Campus.
- Oryza Organics at Private fish farm, Alipur Chatha, Gujranwala.