Dr. Muhammad Hassan Saleem
Ph.D. (UVAS), M.Sc. (Hons.) (UAF), DVM (UAF).
Associate Professor / PO Estate Management
Department of Clinical Medicine & Surgery
Tel : 92-42-99211374, 9211449-50, Ext 209
Dr. Muhammad Hassan Saleem, currently serving as Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery (CMS), University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore. He graduated in 1996 from College of Veterinary Sciences, Lahore. He worked as Veterinary officer in the Department of Livestock & Dairy Development, Govt. of Punjab from 1998 to 2004. In December 2004 he joined University as Assistant Professor in department of CMS. He accomplished his PhD. in Clinical Medicine in 2013 from University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore. The title of his thesis research is “Epidemiological, Haematological & Serological Studies of Leptospirosis in Dogs and Human at High Risk in and Around Lahore City”. Dr. Hassan through his research benefited the country. He has the honour to complete a part of his research work under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Yung Fu Chang, a renowned Epidemiologist at College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, Newyork, USA. He won “Indigenous Scholarship” from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan for his PhD studies. So far, Dr. Hassan has contributed 15 valuable research publications to the scientific community published in national and international peer reviewed journals. He has the honour of participating in number of national/international conferences/seminars and has also presented a number of research papers. Dr. Hassan is an exceptionally good administrator and has performed extremely well as Estate Management Officer of the University. He always involves himself in extra-curricular activities and is holding the portfolios of President and Vice President of various societies/clubs of the university.
Area of Interest:
- Clinical and Preventive Medicine
- Prevalence of Trichomoniasis in domestic and wild pigeons and its effect on some blood parameters and weight gain” M. H. Saleem, M. S. Khan, A. S. Chaudhry and H. A. Samad. Pakistan Vet. J., 2008, 28(2): 89-91.
- Molecular Identification and Haematological Values of Strangles (Streptococcus equi) Affected Mules in Pakistan, Muhammad Ijaz , Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Muhammad Arif Khan, Muhammad Avais, Muhammad Muddassir Ali and Muhammad Hassan Saleem. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 43(3), pp. 587-592, 2011.
- Use of Autologous Latissimus Dorsi Muscular Flap For The Repair of Iatrogenic Diaphragmatic Defect In Dogs. Z. Durrani, M. A. Khan, A. K. Mehmood, S. Ahmad, S. S. Ahmed, A. S. Chaudhry, M. H. Saleem and M. Ijaz. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 21(3): 2011, Page: 485-490
- Comparative Study of Culture and PCR for Detection of Carriers of Streptococcus Equi in Naturally Infected Mules In Pakistan. M. Ijaz, M. S. Khan, M. A. Khan, A. Maqbool, M. M. Ali, A. Rehman, K. Mehmood, M. H. Saleem and M. Z. Shabbir The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 22(2): 2012, Page: 256-259
- Prevalence and Hemato-Biochemical Studies of Strangles (Streptococcus Equi) in Affected Horses in Pakistan. M. Ijaz, M. S. Khan, A. Z. Durrani, M. H. Saleem, A. S. Chaudhry, M. M. Ali, K. Mehmood and W. shahzad. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 22(2): 2012, Page: 295-299
- Serosurveillance of Canine Leptospirosis Under Different Climatic Conditions in and Around Lahore, Pakistan. Muhammad Hassan Saleem, Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Muhammad Arif Khan, Muhammad Athar Khan, Muhammad Ijaz, Ayesha Hassan and Kahalid Mehmood. Pakistan Vet. J., 2013, 33(2): 240-242
- Y-U Advancement Pyloroplasty As an Alternative to Transverse Pyloroplasty to Relieve Pyloric Stenosis in Dogs. A. Safdar, M. Arif. Khan, M. M. Ali. M. H. Saleem and M. Ijaz. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 23(3): 2013, Page: 775-778
- Infection Rate and Therapeutic Trials on Various Gastrointestinal Parasites in Sheep and Goats in and Around Lahore, Pakistan. Khalid Mehmood, Muhammad Ijaz, Aneela Zameer Durrani, Muhammad Arif Khan, Ahmad Jawad Sabir and Muhammad Hassan Saleem. Pakistan J. Zool., 2013. 45(2): 489-494
- Leptospirosis: An Emerging Zoonosis in Pakistan. Muhammad Hassan Saleem, Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Aneela Zameer Durrani, Ayesha Hassan, Muhammad Ijaz and Muhammad Muddassir Ali. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 45(4), pp. 909-912, 2013
- Development of an Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay Using a Recombinant LigA Fragment Comprising Repeat Domains 4 to 7.5 as an Antigen for Diagnosis of Equine Leptospirosis. Weiwei Yan, Muhammad Hassan Saleem, Patrick McDonough, Sean P. McDonough, Thomas J. Divers and Yung-Fu Chang. Clin. Vaccine Immunol. August 2013, vol. 20(8), pp. 1143-1149
- Evaluation of Different Suturing Techniques For Cystotomy Closure in Equines. I. Khan, M.A. Khan, A. S. Chaudhary, M. M. Ali, M. Imran, M. Ijaz and M. H. Saleem. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 23(4): 2013, Page: 981-985
- Effect of Herbal Supplement Livol on the Growth Performance and Antibody Response Against Infectious Bursal Disease Virus in Broiler Chicks. Beenish Zahid, Muti-ur-Rehamn Khan, Asim Aslam, Aneela Zameer Durrani, Sohaib Alam, Muhammad Hassan Saleem and Khalid Mehmood. Pakistan J. Zool., 2013. 45(5): 1387-1391
- Determination of Multiple Drug Resistance Against Field Isolates of Pasteurella multocida from Bovines in District Naseerabad, Balochistan, Pakistan. A. s. Baloch, M. H. Saleem, M. Ijaz, and A. S. Chaudhry. Pakistan J. Zool., 2014. 46(1): 272-275
- Epidemiological Trends, Clinical Profile and Geographical Distributions of Crimean Conga Hemorrhagic Fever in Quetta, Balochistan. Khushal, M. Athar, Kashif, M. Dawood, M. D. Ahmed and M. H. Saleem. Pak. J. of Science, March 2014. 66 (1): 01-06
- Transmissible Venereal Tumor (TVT), Common Problem in Canine, Agro Veterinary News (AVN), Vol. 20, No. 4, July 2008.
- Abstract: “Prevalance of Various Disease Conditions in Buffalos (Bubalus babalis) Presented at Outreach Veterinary Centre, Sattarwala, Sheikupura” Proceedings in “National Conference on Pakistan Agriculture Challenges and opportunities” July, 2010. Page 40.
- Abstract: “Basal Cell tumor in Nili Ravi buffalos (Bubalus babalis) Proceedings in “National Conference on Pakistan Agriculture Challenges and opportunities” July, 2010. Page 41.
- Abstract: “Prevalence and treatment of Lactic Acidosis in Small Ruminants” Proceedings in “National Conference on Pakistan Agriculture Challenges and opportunities” July, 2010. Page 37.
- Abstract: “Diagnosis and Chemotherapy of Sub-Clinical Mastitis in Dairy Cows and Buffalos” Proceedings in “National Conference on Pakistan Agriculture Challenges and opportunities” July, 2010. Page 38.
- Abstract, Incidence of Sub-Clinical Ketosis and Treatment of With Diet Suppliments in Cows In and Around Lahore. International Livestock Conference, October, 2013. page 29-30
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES
- Member of Pakistan Veterinary Med. Association
- Member of Alumni Association .UVAS
- Member of Blood Donor Society UVAS
- Member of Board of studies UVAS
- President of UVAS Tennis club
- Member of Flood Relief committee Sept 2010