Ms. Rafia Kiran Zahid
MPhil English ( in process)
MA English (PU)
Tel: 92-42-99211449-50 / Ext. 236
She is Lecturer in English in the Department of Social Sciences, UVAS, Lahore since 2014. She has portrayed and followed the university mission and the core values of the Department, and transferred the same amongst the students. She believes in instilling critical thinking and multiplicity of interpretations in the students to get their maximum potential. Other than teaching she is an active participant of widely spread healthy activities in the university. The details are as such:
- Focal Person, QEC
- Secretary, Department Board of Studies
- Occasional Member, Announcement Committee
- Associate, Senior Tutor (Girls)
- Secretary, Editorial Board, University Magazine VISION
- Faculty Convener, University Literary Society QIRTAS
Areas of Interest
- Deconstruction of the text
- Practicing and inculcating variations in language communication among students
- Tracing psychological strains in the characters of Kamila Shamsi’s novel “in the City by the Sea”.
- Resistance as mode of Reaction in Bulleh Shah’s poetry.
- She presented a paper entitled “Peaceful Coexistence of the subject and resistance in the verse of Bulleh Shah ” in an international workshop organized by LCWU.