Dr. Muhammad Adil Rasheed
DVM (UVAS), M. Phil (UVAS)
M. Phil in Pharmacology and Toxicology
Tel: 92-42-99211374, 99211449 Ext. 229 Fax: 042-99211461
Dr. Muhammad Adil Rasheed is serving as Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, UVAS and holds PhD in the discipline of Pharmacology and Toxicology. He has over 15 years of teaching, research and administrative experience. He developed a chromatography laboratory in the Department which is equipped with High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC) and spectrophotometers. He has Performed an additional duty as of Research Officer Toxicology in the Project “Quality Control Laboratory for Testing Livestock and Food of Animal Origin with Reference to WTO”, UVAS, Lahore. He has won two research grants as Co-Principal Investigator from HEC and Ministry of Health Pakistan. He has supervised 31 post graduate students and served as member of supervisory committees for more than 35 students. Dr. Adil has published 17 research papers in refereed scientific national and international impact factor journals. Dr. Adil has presented research papers in many national and international conferences. He is the author of eight national and international books. He is also the technical editor of Agro Veterinary News Index published in Pakistan. He has assisted many NGOs in conducting research on medicinal plants in Pakistan. Dr. Adil is also Member, of Scientific and Technical Committee & Editorial Review Board on Biological and Life Sciences, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology and Veterinary Science Research, Bioinfo Editorial System, EBSCO Publishing, USA. He is also Member of Panel of referees, Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan. He has also served as member syndicate of University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. He has more than 35 articles published in various national newspapers and veterinary magazines. He is also the member of various technical committees in the University. Dr. Adil is actively engaged in providing technical services as supervisor and member of many postgraduate students and playing his role in nation building.
Area of Interest
- Pharmacokinetics, Bioequivalence studies, Toxicity studies (Genotoxicity and Carcinogenicity).
- Rasheed, M.A., Pharmacokinetics of Amoxicillin in Buffalo Calves in Pakistan, 2010, ISBN 978-3-639-24005-4, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG Dudweiler Landstr. 99 66123 Saarbrücken Germany.
- Rasheed, M.A., M. Ashraf, Text book of Pharmacology for Livestock Assistant Diploma Course. Institute of Continuing Education &Extension, 2008, UVAS, Lahore, Pakistan.
- M. Ashraf, Rasheed, M.A. , M. O. Omer, Practical Manual of Systemic Pharmacology for Undergraduate students 2004-2007.
- M. Ashraf, Rasheed, M.A. , M. O. Omer, Practical Manual of General Pharmacology and Toxicology for Undergraduate students 2004-2007.
- A Comprehensive Chapter on Review of Antibiotics in Agro Veterinary News Index “The most authentic handbook of veterinary products and services in Pakistan” Edition 2008-09.
- M. Ashraf, Rasheed, M.A. , M. O. Omer Practical Manual of General Pharmacology and Toxicology for Undergraduate students 2010-2011.
- Shaukat T.M., M. Ashraf, M. O. Omer, M. A. Rasheed, K. Muhammad, T. M. Shaukat, M. Younus, M. K. Shahzad (2009). Comparative Efficacy of Various Antiviral Agents against Avian Influenza Virus (TYPE H7) Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 43 (5), pp. 849-854, 2011.
- M. Imran, M. Ashraf, Muhammad O. Omer, M.A. Rasheed, M. Irfan, Effect of Malathion on Serum Cholinesterase Activity and Lipid Profile in Rabbits, IJAVMS Vol. 4, Issue 2, 2010: 36-37.
- PPA working hard to cope with the challenges facing Pakistan’s Poultry Industry. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. 23 No. 3, June 2011.
- Improved research and education to bring overall benefits to poultry and farmers. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. 20 No. 10, January 2009.
- Buffalo; The black gold of Pakistan, Special issue of AVN on Buffalo Research Institute Vol. 20 No.2 May 2008.
- UVAS is not distant future, to be ranked among world’s best. Vol. 19 No. 10 January 2008. Radio Talk “Use of Anathematic in Animals”0n November 21st, 2007 at Radio Pakistan Lahore.
- Global Livestock Challenges and Science. The Veterinary News and Views Weekly Faisalabad No 17 Vol.1 24-28 Feb. 2006. Radiology, Medical News Vol. 27 No. 19 December 1-14, 2005.
- Lead Poisoning in Animals Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. 16 No. 5, August 2004
Pakistan Poultry Industry-An Overview. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. Fifteen No. 7, October 2003.
- Cattle Farming In Pakistan. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. Fifteen No. 5, August 2003.
- First Aid, an immediate action. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. Fifteen No. 3, June 2003.
- Focus on zoological Garden Lahore. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. Thirty No. 5, August 2002.
- A Focus on Dental Education in Pakistan. Dental News. Vol. Eight No. 7, July2002.
- Hemorrhagic Septicemia. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. Thirty No. 2, May2002.
- General Care of Pets. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. Thirty No.12, March 2002. Care of Sacrificial Animals. Daily “The Nation”2001.
- The dog Family. Agro Veterinary News (AVN) Vol. Thirty No. 9, December. 2001.